11 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

11 05 2010

Another day in sunny Phuket. We decided to have the car one more day and get to see Phuket city. We spent the morning on the internet and booking our accommodation in Koh Samui and flights and an extra day here in Phuket.

This time we got right to the top of the mountain and saw the Big Buddha. It was enormous and very impressive but undergoing repairs.

Wendy had a go at trying to make the big gong ring which is done by running your hands up and down on it to get it to resonate. This will then bring you luck. Despite 2 goes she was upset as she failed to get it to ring. . I didn’t even try as it looked difficult.

Saw more elephants on the way up and down.

Once more we tried to get to Phuket city and by now it were coming up for 1700 hours. The signs petered out and we got lost once again! Even more bikes flying around and it was the sight of one of them under a lorry that caused me to head back to the hotel. The accident had caused chaos and we again had had enough. Not destined to go to the old city.

We got back and went straight to the beach as it was a lovely sunset with red and blue combinations. The photos didn’t do it justice but we tried.

The evening was rounded off by a lovely meal at the steak house in the hotel and a lovely bottle of wine. The waiter who had lived in New Zealand was very chatty and recommended the veal for Phil. The restaurant was wonderful, food great and wine delicious. The chief even came out to chat with us.

Our last full day in Phuket tomorrow. 

Phil and Wendy xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb