Day Fourteen - Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 3rd 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kata, Phuket


Day Fourteen - Lazy Sundays are the best Sundays



I’m currently watching dirty dirty Leeds beat Man Utd drinking a bottle of 50baht beer (about £1 and 6.4%!y(MISSING)eeeoow). The laydees are over at a spa for pedicures to help them over a bit too much sun today. It has been one of those days, terribly tough...

For the record, we had a lie in this morning before having an early lunch/late breakfast. Soon after getting settled at Kata Beach, Leanne hit the water and only emerged 4 hours later. Renting an inflatable donut for 100baht was surely her bargain of the holiday. I can’t blame her though. The sun was scorching yet those lovely jade coloured waters stayed cool and inviting.

Phuket was a little more appealing today as we enjoyed the beach but it is still too overdeveloped for me and the Russians have taken over in force. It's like Benidorm on Kata these days. I didn't feel as much on a downer as yesterday but I am keen to leave.

We stayed until about 6pm before going back to our place to apply aftersun by the bucket load. Even Shannon took some colour today! Dinner was to be at a pizzeria but when we came out of our rooms we were in the middle of a tropical storm. Frogs leaped around, geckos ran for cover and so we stayed and had dinner at our place. It wasn’t a great choice. Clearly Norwegian and Thai food have a long way to go to create a world beating fusion concept.

After dinner and a few games of pool with Leanne, the girls ran off to be pampered and the football was turned on. Marching On Together...

Today’s Highlights Lounging on an inflatable in the Andaman Sea; The football; knowing we’re moving on tomorrow to a ‘proper’ island.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb