Phuket, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 9th 2010
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well ... Phuket has certinly kept us both busy over the last two days!
Yesturday we hired out a motorbike, and explored the eastern, southern and western parts of Phuket!
We were promised bad weather, so were over the moon when it turned out to be a really hot, sunny day!
Our first stop was Phukets Aquarium, positioned near Yon Bay (South-East Phuket)!
We enjoyed looking at the Nemo's, and the Aquarium also had a great selection of sharks, rays and turtles too, which was great!
After seeing how beautiful Yon Bay's beach was, we decided to hop from beach to beach around the southern and western coast of Phuket!
We visited Kata Beach, Karo Beach and Freedom beach, stopping shortly at each one to take in the stunning views!
Just before we entered Karo Beach, we saw a beautiful view point! Whilst we were there, a group of Thai men were offering tourists the chance to have a photo with there 2 birds! One a Golden Eagle, and one a Sea Hawk! Rik stood proudly, and had his picture taken!
Our next stop, would be Phukets buzzing town and beach called Patong! This is by far the busiest place on the coast.
It is like a Thai version of blackpool!!!
In the space of about 2 hundred yards, we counted 3 McDonalds, 2 Subways, 2 Starbucks and a Pizza Hut...Not to mention the many Go-Go Bars with Thai girls and Lady-Boys, all prowling around in hot-pants and knee high boots!!!
We took a walk on Patong's famous beach, but instead of enjoying the peaceful walk on white golden sand (like all the brochures promise), we founds ourselves struggling through hundreds of Furangs, all sun burnt and drunk!!!
After our 4 hour round trip of Phuket, now feeling rather overwelmed and suffering gravely of saddle-bum, we ventured back to Phuket town!
We enjoyed tasty steaks for dinner, followed by beer for desert!
Today, we have hired another motorbike! We spent the morning getting rough prices for our 2 hour ferry trip over to the Phi Phi Island, in which we are going to tomorrow (yey...so excited)!
When we first got to Phuket, we emailed a friend called Amy Sharp, who Rik went to school with!
She has been living here in Lagoona Resort near Surin Beach, Phuket for a year now, running a nursery at the nearby international school, and fighting in Thai Boxing matches, representing her gym (where her boyfriend works) in her spare time!
We managed to get in touch, and she kindly invited us to a BBQ she was hosting this afternoon!
When we arrived at her house, (which is positioned in a private estate with 11 other houses, and one awesome communal swimming pool)...we were really impressed! She has done really well for herself!
She welcomed us in and introduced us to all her lovely friends. her good firend Sophie, has represented Great Britian in the Olympics for her Judo talent! She was seeded number 1 in the UK! We were extra careful, not to upset her!!! LOL!!!
However what seemed like minutes, but was infact a few hours later...we said our goodbyes and returned to Phuket town to pack our bags ready for our trip to Phi Phi tomorrow morning!
We plan on staying on Phi Phi Don for 3-4 nights. We will go on a day trip to Phi Phi Li whilst we are there, so we can visit Maya Bay (the famous lagoon from the movie "The Beach")!
We are then going to take a boat trip from Phi Phi Don, over to Krabi where we intend to stay at Ao Mang which is famous for its stunning beaches, chilled out atmoshere, good snorkling and some of the world's best rock climbing!
Thai Islands......here we come!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 108, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 97; dbt: 0.121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb