Nichards on Tour in... Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 7th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So this is my first blog input, i am currently in a tattoo parlour in Phuket... a lad steve that i met a week ago is getting one done, so dont worry mum!! i met him on a bus and boat ride to the islands, he was goin to koh pangan and i was goin to koh tao to start my diving then i got to phuket and he was here as well, it was true when people said you'll meet people doin the same route as you.
i had a good 3 days (and nights!) in Bangkok, it was crazy but i was expecting it anyway. there isnt much to do in the day there apart from see the sights, such as the standing Buddha, grand Palace and a number of temples as well. i found a decent bar along koh san road, live music playing and a good mix of people in there so thats where i usually started.
left Bangkok to head to Koh Tao, an island on the East Coast. it is the smallest of 3 islands there and thats where i did my PADI open water diving course. i loved diving, was quality being under water and there were so many fish about, i absolutely loved it. went to 18m deep but could have took the advanced course and go to 30m deep but unfortunately, it was double the price and i can always do it again another time if i wanted. there was 8 of us doin the course and was a good group, a lad from Oldham, canadians, danes, french and German. Koh Tao was a real relaxed place and we set up in a place called Eazy Bar , overlooking the Sea.
i then had a trip down to Phuket on the West Coast, this place is mental, i'd probably say more mental than Koh San road, but there probably on the same level. off to Koh Phi Phi tomorrow with Steve and a couple of other girls and may be meeting a couple of other people on there. Phi Phi is supposed to be beautiful, that is where they filmed The Beach, looking forward to seeing the waterfall especially.
putting pictures up is a nightmare as it takes hours and internet isnt always cheap (not for a scrounger like me!)!!! hopefully ill put some up soon.
so thats it for my first entry, hopefully ill get better at this as i go on!!!
speak to everyone soon
peace

Advertisement



8th December 2009

Nice One Nick
Nice one Nick, sounds like your avin a swell time! Look forward to reading more and seeing some pics. "Carry on our wayward son" - Marv
14th December 2009

Miss you!!
Hi Nick, Sounds as though you are having fun. Fantastic! We miss you and I miss you lovely smile. Have a great time and behave (badly!) Lots of love, Elmarie
14th December 2009

Sounds like you're having a blast!! Shame about the photos - but then again who wants to see you with a load of lady boys anyway!!! Diving sounds quality (one of regrets to date that I've never done it!). Plenty of opportunity to use those diving skills later in the trip!! Cheers Mike
2nd January 2010

oh dear...
don't ever go into journalism. ;-)

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb