the final part of the journey


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 17th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone! so we stuck in the hotel cause we are in the middle of the most amazing tropical storm! I've never seen rain like it, i thought the lake district was bad and the thunder is so loud! so I thought I'd take the opportunity 2 update the blog!

So the last few days seems to have been spent travelling! We headed 2 Katachanaburi 2 see the bridge over river kwai - I must admit I wasn't that bothered I'd heard so many rubbish reports but it wasn't that bad! it was actually quite cool! it was a lovely afternoon walked across the bridge and as we were half way across I realised it was actually a working bridge! the train was comin towards us! The rest of the time we spent people watching and chilling on the side of the river. Its actually quite pretty round here.

We were quite tired after all the people watching so we decided to eat at the guest house - BIG MISTAKE!! We were covered in tiny little flies which they assured us "not mosquitos just annoying" however it made it immpossible to eat tea we were covered in them!!!after a disapointing end to a lovely day we decided we didnt want to stick around cause we'd seen everything we wanted to, so off to Bangkok again!

We get the overnight bus to Phuket so much more comfortable than the seats in the overnight train! 17hours later we arrive in Patong Bay. wrecked from the journey we head straight for the hotel to freshen up!

The weather was pretty grim when we arrived i was gutted this was the part of the holiday i'd be looking forward to the most 3days of nothing but lying on the beach!! It was dry however so we went for a look about, i was so disappointed the storms had washed up loads of rubbish on the beach, its so commercial here i felt like i was in Ibiza not what i'd planned!! The next morning changed everything sun was out we'd found a quiter spot on the beach the day before - perfect!! A nice swim in the warm turquoise sea and i was happy!! However it seems i over did it in the sun, my stomach is hot enough to fry a breakfast on!!! (and not the attractive kind of hot!!)

The next day the weather isnt as sunny which i'm quite pleased about cause i'm in agony today!! We head out on a bout trip to some islands near by. We spent just bout the entire day in the sea snorkling! it was fantastic!! We saw Nemo and Scarface and Dory!! Of of actual finding Nemo. The fish are totally not bothered about you being there they swim right up beside you it was brilliant!!

Last day in Patong Bay today - think a little shopping and then its back to Bangkok for the last time! Still cant believe this holiday is almost over.

This is Becky and Ben signing off from an amazing adventure

see you all soon xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb