Pooket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 9th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmm so it's been a little while since this thing has been updated so i will do my best to get everything down...

...First off that dreaded 24hour bus journey. Suprisinly it was ok! No problems! No flat tyre, no driver falling asleep, no nothing! The only complaint is the time...instead of the 24 hour journey i think the total time was closer to 27hours...so a case of bus fever certainly kicked in.
Anyways, to Phuket...now having arrived after a mammoth journey we needed to find a good place to stay and get showered etc, so did we find somewhere uber nice. Nope! We went for the famous factor and ended up staying at a place they filmed the Beach (i can't remember the actual name, nor can i be bothered to go get my travel book). It wasn't the nice part of the Beach that they filmed here! No golden beaches, no little huts on the sea front! It was the bit where they are in Khao San road...so the place was a shitehole. It really was foul, dirty, smelly, disgusting...you name it, it was it.

Didn't end up staying in the hostel too long though as a couple of us from the bus journey headed to Patong beach for the night. Nice easy bus ride to get there and what greeted us...Khao San road on steroids. It was neon light and bar central...but we had good time. We also managed to annoy some lady boys...well, it was more their fault than our own. Us being the tourists obviously wanted pictures with them...little did we know that we would have to pay. Well we didn't pay for a silly picture, so we got shouted at with some impressive insults. Oh well eh! The night carried on until everything closed and we headed back to Phuket town...just in time too as i only had an hour before i had to get a taxi to the airport.

And there ends Thailand...not the best way to leave it...but it's done and dusted now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb