Patongggggg.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 28th 2009
Published: February 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings!


I am currently sitting in a Hotel lobbey in the rather less touristy town of Phuket Town. Thankfully I have found a Computer to escape the Hotel which we sadly booked into, which we have named battersby dogs home, more about this in the next blog though!

We arrived in Patong beach, sleep deprived, sweaty, and pissed off after spending the last 17 hours in a bus!
We searched around for accomodation, and just of the main drag saw a sign saying : VIP Backpackers! This title left a lot to be desierd, as on the way up the stairs to the front door, there where large holes in the walls and other gaps filled by old thai newspapers; The cost 250 bhat a night, 5 quid- we snapped his hand off!

The room consisted of beds less than an inch thick laid on mdf boards! The where holes in the wall again and the music was clear until 4am! If you have ever seen the beach film, the hostel he stays in before he reaches the beach, well it was very similar!

The following day dave lay in bed after throwing up all over the hostel corrdior the night before from a type of posining, not sure if that was alcohol related! We hit the beach and chilled in glorious sunshine and 35 degree tempratures, recovering from the bus jounrey!

That evening Dan Jack and myslef went out to an all you can drink party, the tickets we bought of a shady charater, while dave lied in bed! As we thought we had been conned and the club did exist but no shuch party! In the backpacker spirit we hit the bars instead and stumbled across a Canadian guy we had we had met the day before, when sitting on the back of a pickup van on the way to the coach! He inroduced us to a girl from sydney who kindly gave us her detials and offerd to take us out in sydney when we we both get there! The night ended in a club and as usual got very messy!

The next day was again Spent relaxing and reocovering from all the hustle and bustle of bangkok, bus jounrey and the previous evening! Surprsingly the night was a sober one!

Our final Full day in patong, was the Best day of the holliday so far, With some hesitation we hierd scooters for the the day (4quid) and went exporing! We found several brilliant beaches tucked away in coves on the coast road, we stopped of reguarly and took a dip, before snorkelling at the best of them! Finally we drove up to the center of Phuket to visit the lucky Buddah passing elephants on the way!

We are in phuket Town for one night then moving to Phi Phi island!

Will keep you posted everyone

Kieran

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb