Phuket lets go to Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Sapa and 42 hours later we arrived in Koh Phangan in Thailand; this trip seen us avail of a night train, flight, night bus, ferry and a few taxi’s! This is what “real” backpackers do to avoid spending money on accommodation.

Needless to say we deserved a holiday after that and the tropical islands of Thailand is the place to be… the trend is usually massage parlor, bar, club, restaurant, suit merchant beach and sunshine! To be honest the only exciting activity was to hire a mob-head and explore the island, the rest of the time was spent close to the hotel pool. After Phangan it was back to the ferry for a short crossing to Koh Samui, another beautiful island offering more of the above.

Then it was of to Phuket, were we stayed 6 nights and decided we better do something or we won’t have anything to write about. So we went to Thai boxing for a night were we got ringside seats and enjoyed Thailand’s national sport. We also undertook a cooking course in Thai cooking learning three popular dishes, and on our last day we went on fishing trip on the Andaman Sea were apart from puking overboard we both enjoyed catching two Tuna and a few tropical fish. The first fish I ever caught!

Thailand is an enjoyable and relaxing country to visit, the people are very friendly and it offers everything you could hope for in a sun holiday. It’s back to the real adventure as we have now arrived in Mumbai, India, and as a small incite to our next blog it’s a real culture shock!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb