3 days left


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 27th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Probably a bad time to be writing this as im sick, its hot and the place stinks. Nah overall it has been a great trip so far, plenty of relaxation and also adventure. Monday we went on a day tour to Pnang Nha which is on the mainland of Thailand. First we headed to monkey cave to feed the monkeys which was cool. Then we headed further into the mountians where we went white water rafting for about 5km. Fantastic, the two helpers in our boat were quite funny turning our boat around to put us into the wall many times. Headed off on an elephant trek for about a half hour whic OK but nothing exciting. Then came the great part, ATV riding, these quad bikes were awesome. First we cruised around the scrub training for a little then into the mountains for the tricky stuff. I managed to stall the bike in the first 10 minutes by hitting the puddles too hard but they fixed it soon enough. We had so much fun and were by the far the most skilled out of our group as we constantly waited for the others to catch up. $1000 BAHT ($35AUS) did manage to go missing from my wallet while we were gone but i guess thats my fault for leaving our bag in the van, even if they did say it would be safe, not much we could have done though but know for next time. Tuesday and Wednesday we spent relaxing by the pool and just seeing a bit more of Patong Beach. Both had the stomach bug on Wed which was nasty and i still havent fully recovered but still enjoying the trip.
Yesterday we headed to Phi Phi Island where they filmed the movie "The Beach", Had a great time snorkelling and seeing the sights. Stopped at the last stop at about 2pm, a tiny island with a bar and thats it, tropical paradise. It started pelting down about an hour in so we were stuck there for about 3 hours. sat at the bar and were entertained by the locals who shouted us shots of scotch to keep warm, we got absolutely drenched but saw the funny side which was good.
Today we have again relaxed by the pool, Amy went and got her hair braided which looks great, purple and orange beads and all. Will spend the last few days seeing what else there is to see and go Parasailing as well.
Bye for now

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb