Thailand, Phuket sweating it out on Kata beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 17th 2008
Published: May 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kia ora, Sour de Kup from Thailand! Yaahoo a blog from outside NZ again! So today we have been here a week and have about 11 more days to go. Thailand is hot, humid hot its monsoon season and first 4 days were very windy with some extremly heavy rain sometimes. We flew in after long trip with 2 days back home in Waiuku then throu Singapore to Phuket which is little peninsula south west Thailand. Kinda close to Myanmar were the cyclone hit but everything fine over these ways. We are staying at the Serene Resort on Kata beach near the bottom of Phuket, the hotel is primo beautiful pools and very close to the ocean. We've met a few other kiwis and spent a night in Patong with a couple Leroy & Fi in the middle of Thai nightlife. Crazy clubs, alot of lady boys, endless markets with dudes trying to sell everything and anything for "special price" Have bartered for couple of tee shirts and stuff the dudes selling are pretty hard out. Getting a suit talior made with couple of shirts and ties for bout $280NZ Price started at bout $400 and managed to talk him down thou he did a good job of making me feel like his family was going to starve to death because of it. Hired a scooter for a few days and cruzed all around, pretty mental on the roads sometimes especially in Phuket town when school is let out, dont recomend that but otherwise awesome way to see the area and feel like you have a bit of freedom. We spent a day on the Sea Angel cruzing to Phi Phi Islands where 'The Beach' was filmed. It was just like the pics with golden sand, clear water and beautiful tropical forests on all the surrounding hills. We snorkled just off monkey beach with millons of fish and beautiful corals and went ashore to check out the monkeys. They were choice, one tried to get a piece of Keris leg and another bit some lady on the bum! Last night hired a surf board and paddled out in a sweet sunset for couple of waves with the locals. We have another 3 days here in Kata before we cruz up to Bangkok for a night. We'll spend a day in Bangkok then be on our way to Chang Mai by night train to hopefully ride some elephants, check out some hill tribes and maybe some bamboo rafting down the river. We'll spend bout 5 days up north then then last 2 nights in Bangkok doing the shop till we drop thing before the flight home. So Thailand is great and were looking forwards to the next week! Till then chur chur from Thailand!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Welcome to PhuketWelcome to Phuket
Welcome to Phuket

Monsoon season
Fill it up plezFill it up plez
Fill it up plez

Theres heaps of these roadside stands with hand pumps to fill up your ride, petrol still expensive
No. 1 rule in Thailand-respect to the KingNo. 1 rule in Thailand-respect to the King
No. 1 rule in Thailand-respect to the King

Billboards and signs everywhere of the big fulla
View point at the bottom of Phuket IslView point at the bottom of Phuket Isl
View point at the bottom of Phuket Isl

The second bay is Kata beach where we are staying
Muay Thai boxing camp, Rawai beachMuay Thai boxing camp, Rawai beach
Muay Thai boxing camp, Rawai beach

You can come stay for a month, accom., meals, training all inclusive for bout $700
Tsumani warning signs along all the beachsTsumani warning signs along all the beachs
Tsumani warning signs along all the beachs

The are big signs, megafones, lights etc on all the beachs and low areas close by tell ways to higher ground
Night markets PatongNight markets Patong
Night markets Patong

We tuk tukd over with Leroy & Fiona


19th May 2008

so so jealous
looks amazing guys!! i love the statues. makes me want to quit my job and go walkabout again (not that i need persuasion!) have an amazing trip!!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb