ONE DOWN 51 TO GO


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 15th 2005
Published: November 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We now find ourselves in Karon after a pretty eventful two days. Sunday saw the first heavy rain that we have encountered; this as we were visiting a nearby temple- it was Sunday after all! The temple(s) were awesome - see photographs. In seeking shelter from the storm we went into one open-air building only to discover that it was the place where people were cremated and that their was a cremation due within minutes. Yes, we got very wet!

Yesterday was our last day in Chalong and we went on a visit to Phi Phi Islands. This was the first time since we arrived that we became aware of the effects of the Tsunami on Thialand in general, but on these islands in particular. Shan't dwell on the details, suffice to say that it was profound and not a little humbling. The trip was very worthwhile and some of the views spectacular - again see photos.

Our latest hotel is great and again cheap (50 quid for the week!) Speak to you all again soon.

SORRY! Photos don't seem to want to download.Willtry again at the next entry. They are good though, honest.

Ken and Linda

Advertisement



16th November 2005

daylight robbery
I hope that £50 included b`fast,dinner and tea and a massage each !!!have a brilliant time. Any body had a dose of the Tom Twits yet?

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb