Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 4th 2007
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


4th December 2007

Phuket is Thailand’s biggest island located just on the Andaman Sea in southern Thailand and it means the forest full of banana leaves!! We stayed in the popular area of Patong where the best nightlife is and the largest tourist beach is situated. It was great to stay in the busiest area but at night the main strip turns into a warmer version of Blackpool, full of neon lights, tacky lady boy shows and drunken brits.


So on the second day we rented a jeep and toured the island looking for paradise. We stumbled upon Karon beach, Kata beach and Kata Noi beach. We found an amazing viewpoint at Kata, which looks over two of the main beaches in Phuket. . . .beautiful!


On December 26th 2004 Phuket was heavily damaged by the Tsunami and all the beaches named above were hit. Sarah and I found a tsunami monument, which had been built in remembrance of the disaster. In total 250 people including tourists were killed in Phuket.


At night we went down the popular strip, which is full of bars and clubs with Al and Avi (two Aussi lads we met) and did our bit for the tourist trade buy buying these stupid hats! I’d like to think I’m doing my bit! Played ALOT of connect four and drank a lot of beer that night. . . .


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb