Sawasdee!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
September 28th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a rather nerve racking flight from Kuala Lumpur (it was chucking it down with rain and Bec C doesn't fly well at the best of times) we landed in the south of Thailand, Phuket. This was an extremely exciting time for Bec C as Thailand had been a major country on our world travels. However excitement soon turned to disappointment as we arrived at Patong beach. To cut a long story short instead of spectacular coastline, beautiful temples and pure brilliance that was expected of Thailand we got a brothel!!!! Patong beach was seriously a party beach, if you had got on a plane blindfolded and ended up there you would think you were in Ibiza, well thats until you see all the ladyboys. The beach wasnt anything to shout home about either, it had rubbish all down it and the main street was bar after bar after internet cafe after bar. All in all Patong seemed a rather seedy place were people (dare i say it, mostly men) come for sex and a bit of a party, tut tut. So we made an executive decision to move along to Kata beach a five minute tuk tuk drive away.

WOW, what a tuk tuk ride can do for a place, Kata beach was amazing! The beach itself is what you would expect from somewhere like Thailand, idylic, beautiful coast line, gorgeous sea and palm trees not to mention white sand (which Becs S got burried in hehehe). As we loved Kata so much and we were staying in the most amazing guesthouse with i must say the coolest name in thailand 'Southern Fried Rice' we booked ourselves in a for a week and got ourselves onto a padi openwater dive course with 'dive asia'

After an amazing four days of learning and diving (the 'homework' sucked though) we can now call ourselves padi open water divers, woop woop. After completing 5 open water dives off the coast of Thailand (one of the most beautiful experiences of our lives) we felt high on life. Our instructor Bee was amazing and the dive master lads we met on the boat along with our learner diver friend kenny were also brilliantly amazing. Definatley the best four days experienced on the trip so far and thats saying something.

Bec C has to mention here, the child that she is, that we got to see a massive dude turtle from 'Finding Nemo' along with NEMO"S and DORY"S (just keep swimming, just keep swimming) and some massive trigger fish that seemed slightly aggressive. Definatley one of the best experiences of her life and thats pretty cool as she only really did it because Becs S was so passionate about doing it. Becs S is slightly disappointed at he fact that she didn't get eaten by a shark, ah well theres still the Great Barrier Reef for that passion to be fulfilled.

As a way of relaxing after such a busy few days we booked ourselves onto a Phi Phi Island tour. We went by speedboat which was so much fun. The Islands themselves were spectacular with immense snorkelling and gorgeous beaches. We couldnt help but feel that tourism was slightly ruining the islands charm and excitment especially at the Maya Bay were 'The Beach' was partially filmed. But hey, who are we to talk!!

All in all Thailand has so far lived up to and beyond all expectation, the Thais are absolutely lovely, and the land itself is picturesque.

Think we went slightly overboard on the pictures but hey ho couldn't help ourselves...enjoy!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Kenny, Bee, Bec SKenny, Bee, Bec S
Kenny, Bee, Bec S

Diving at Raya Yai
Maya BayMaya Bay
Maya Bay

Phi Phi Ley Island, were 'The Beach' was partially filmed


15th October 2007

wow! it reminds me of being back there! p.s don't end up in ko samui if you don't want to see the world gathering of ladyboys!!! lol keep having fun xx
17th October 2007

WoW!!
Girlies think they are the best pics i have seen from your trip yet it looks absolutely awesome!! The pic of Bec S feeding the fish and a beach monkey oh my god. Keep them coming girls miss ya tuns xx
17th October 2007

wow
Hi becs and becs looks like your both having an amazing time, please be careful and stay safe and becs s please can I have a banana whatever, cheers. love your both and miss you loads, mummy, ps, is so nice to see where you both are and what your up too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx becky c cant wait for the parcel sounds interesting love you

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb