Let's get down to business!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monday 9 July

The local Lifeguards have been very keen to continue training and practice on the rescue boards with Darren, Chris, Stuart and Tiff. Surf today was slightly larger than our last training day ( 3’ - 4’) which has provided a real challenge for the local lifeguards. Today's session proved to be in conditions similar to Avoca on a big day with rips and swell that tested the abilities of the locals as well as the experienced Avocans.

It's monsoon season and we witnessed a great storm whilst Craig, John and Stuart sat on their verandah writing this entry. We are wondering what it will be like taking the trip across to Phi Phi Island on Saturday if these storm conditions continue - should be fun !!??

We had a very successful meeting with the Lieutenant Colonel of Marine Police ( Neo ). We have made arrangements to train 25 Marine Police staff over 3 days next week. The Marine Police have IRB’s but admit they are not skilled drivers in surf conditions. This should provide a good challenge for us.

Ken met with staff of Phuket International Hospital to gain contacts with Patong Hospital. He has also started investigating the availability of oxygen cylinders for the oxyvivas.


See attached pix.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th July 2007

Parkesy
Great work guys but Parkesy is looking fat.
11th July 2007

Keep up the good work
Dear Avoca Crew, We have just been given your blog site from Branch Office. Umina members would like to take this oportunity in commending you all for the hard work you are dedicating to helping the Thai Lifeguards and families. I will forward this information onto our members to make them aware of what you guys are doing. Cheers from cold and wet Central Coast.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb