Open Water Scuba Instructors!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
April 15th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Team: IDC - Phuket Team: IDC - Phuket Team: IDC - Phuket

From Left, Robert (Canada), Bjarne (Denmark), Angeline (China), Oli (UK), Joachim and Nina. Happy Open Water Scuba Instructors
Yes, we did it!

It was Thai new year here on Friday and everyone except us was celebrating. As celebration they soak each other in water, and I mean soak! They are standing on the side of the road with hoses and big barrels full of water ready to nail the next person passing. It looked like lots and lots of fun, but we did not get to do any of that because our exam started on Friday night. We did the two written exams, Dive Theory and Standards & Procedures. So by 9pm we had all finished this module and the celebration was over.

Saturday we started with presenting skills/teaching in the swimming pool. You could feel the nerves in and around the pool, but luckily we had a great examiner. Rob reminds you of Mr. Bean with his British appearance and humour. Our group had a good time and got good scores. In the afternoon we had a classroom presentation which also went well. Top scores all around the group.

Sunday was another quite exciting day as there is no chance for make up. If you mess this section up you have to come back for the next examination.... but again our group shined and did really well. Thanks to the preparation and guidance from Greg and Bjorn at Dive Asia Phuket.

Now we are just getting ready to go party party with the rest of the new born Open Water Scuba Instructors. 😊

We are staying here until Wednesday when we are planning to go down to Koh Phi Phi and start to look for work as freelance super duper instructors.

Take care guys and come (learn) diving with us SOON!!!




Advertisement



15th April 2007

hurray!
congrats mates! napat says hi too, looking forward to see you again.. :D
15th April 2007

envy
We envy you guys, it seems like you have a lot of fun. Here in Oslo spring, or should we say summer, arrived this week. Today (sunday) our little family is enjoying the sun in our garden, and Jenny is sitting in her chair gurgling and shouting as she approaches her 3rd month anniversary. This weekend Matti was in town, and we and lots of friends (ThomasJ, Marta, RockeTrond, Haakon etc. Jarle was in Prague) got a good night on the town Friday with utepils, 2 concerts, blues pub, kebab and lots of beers. Btw: Unnarennet will this year happen on Saturday 26th of May. You heard it here first.
15th April 2007

Well done!
Congrats guys! Sheena.
15th April 2007

Congrats!
Fantastic news! Congrats to you both! Ciao!
16th April 2007

Scuba Instructors
Congratulations. So now you can be instructors anywhere in the world? Maybe you can come one day to Norway to teach us diving? Some areas in Norway are famous for diving with good visibility. Good luck with instructor jobs. Koh Phi Phi is a nice place.
16th April 2007

Party:
Invitation to Thaivisa official BBQ party in Phuket Sign up here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116458 he he
16th April 2007

Grattis!
Gratulerer til dere begge! Dykkekurs..hm..ja..interressant?!? Håper dere har det toppers. Vi har det bra. Vår her og....! Snakkes. Klem fra meg.
17th April 2007

well Done
Hi Guys just wanted to say well done! Get lots of practise in , so you can specialise in scuba for fat irish people! :-) Seeya
17th April 2007

Gratulerer!!
Gratulerer til dere begge - ikke overrasket over at dere klarte det!!! Husk å sende melding når dere har startet eget senter og trenger kontorhjelp/vaktmester/potet/kafebestyrer/kokk!!! Klem :)
18th April 2007

Re: Open Water Scuba Instructors!
Loads and Loads of thank you for all the nice comments!! To answer some questions: Jim: Yes, as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) you can work where ever you like IF you can get a work permit, but Jim we are not looking into Norway just yet. Stefan and Steffi: Keep in touch, wherever we will be in there will be water and diving :) Eva: We will keep you in mind if we move up to the ranks of management. In the mean time you might find some interesting articles on: www.escapeartist.com/ Thomas: We would really have considered to go to the party in Phuket, but moving on to Phi Phi on Friday. Storesøs: Forventer vell at hele familien Muhic Pedersen tar dykkekurset??!? Linda, Seb, Bella, Lars, Oyvind, Marta, Sheena, KT and Harold: THANK YOU! And to all in the Oslo crowd: Millioner av sorry for at vi ikke rekker aa komme til unnarennet i aar. Joachim spurte faktisk om vi ikke skulle dra, men det blir nok litt dyrt. Vi gleder oss til SMS og bilder! :D Keep the comments coming we love them!
18th April 2007

je je
as the good Canadian, and a man, I belive he mentioned travel to Norway just for a few days to join the Unnarenn. But yes, a bit long for such a short Unnarenn, :D How long will you stay in Phi Phi?
19th April 2007

Re: je je
Not sure how long we will be at Phi Phi. Right now the focus is to get a alright place to stay and some freelance work. Then we will see. :)

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb