Island commuters


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 28th 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

Louisa in the warm waters of Maya Bay, Pang Nga.
We have been busy island hopping and doing all the stuff that we wanted to do when we planned the trip.

Elephant trekking, tropical beaches, jungle exploring, long-tail and speed-boat journeys, snorkelling (quite a lot of this), and not forgetting... eating, eating and ... well, you know the rest!).

We are all very dark skinned (none of us have been burned by the sun, but there are few red patches... on the top of Keith's head!)

Christmas day was spent in the Similan Islands in the Andaman sea (look them up on a map!). Moh Ku was absolutely stunning (see pictures) and although we didn't have a big bloke in a red suit climbing into our bungalow, the beach and beautiful crystal clear water more than made up for it.

The snorkelling was great fun. Beautiful tropical fish and coral. Roy even seen a clam and sea urchins. At Similan we also spotted a turtle briefly, just before a Russian bloke jumped into the water to take it's picture and subsequently scared it off. I don't think he even got it's picture. There are adjectives for people like that!

We have all been snorkelling as they
Jetsom and FlotsamJetsom and FlotsamJetsom and Flotsam

What's the time? Who cares?
advise you to wear a life jacket if you are not a good swimmer. Louisa and Alex were in the water, as was Keith. At one point I spotted him through my mask and thought he was some kind of orange blobby fish such is his musular physique.

We also visited Coral Island for a day on a long-tail boat. Wooden dow-type boat with the engine mounted on the back and the propeller hanging of the end of a 12 foot metal pole. Great fun, but you tend to get more than a little wet.

Weare having a fantastic time and the best bit is that we have plenty of money left to spend on stuff that we don't really need.

Hope Christmas was good for everyone and New Year is fun. We are trying to banish the thought that the holiday will end next Monday but we have had a wonderful time.

Will blog later this week. Take care.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Christmas DayChristmas Day
Christmas Day

White Christmas. Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Sunset at Mo Khu, SimilanSunset at Mo Khu, Similan
Sunset at Mo Khu, Similan

Trekked through the jungle to get to this viewpoint.


2nd January 2007

Happy New Year!
We loved reading your travel blog - George and Esme think its really cool! I like the sunsets and Andy likes the scenery! We were on the beach yesterday - but had to wear our hats, gloves, scarves and wellies, Esme paddled in the sea and got soaked and then we drove home in a thunderstorm! - doesn't really compare to your tropical paradise! Really glad you had a great time, see you soon - love Heather, Andy, George and Esme X x x x

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb