WOW!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
October 17th 2006
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

(Check out the photos on all other blogs now - have finally got my backside in gear!)

Quite simply - WOW! Stunning! Amazing! Beautiful!

Arrived to blue skies (thankfully - we had heard it was grey and overcast!) in Hat Yai after 4 gruelling hours in a mini bus with no suspension....does it seem that i go on alot about the transport - it does doesn't it? Would you prefer I raved about the architecture? Anyway.......arrived and found we were actually in luck for once with the buses and there was one in 1 hour! (In fact it was 2, clocks had to go back an hour - duh!!!) Booked oursleves on straight away - we really are learning! And decided to go for lunch! After being as good as attacked by Tuk Tuk drivers, who wanted money and lots of it....and when we refused sent us off in the wrong direction to the ATM!!! Fortunately came across a very lovely and helpful Thai chap, (with very little english - which was scary!) who sent us in the right direction!

Anyway.....rambling a bit today sorry - its the heat, and the sun and ....well too much time on the beach! (all with High SPF on - mum!!!) Where was I. ah.....lunch, found a street vendor, pointed at some random yellow stuff - again no english - and sat down! The dish appeared and we were good to go....seconds later 3 thai women appeared with bowl after bowl of vegetables!!!! Almost the first ones we had seen since leaving the UK! We sat looking at it in awe for quite some time - well, we have the time to do that now!!! Then decided to take a snapshot - to demonstrate that we do not exaggerate! Upon tucking in we discovered that the veg was an absolute MUST to overcome the phenomenal spiciness - although we are fast becoming curry lovers! Not bad anyway! After killing another hour (the unexpected one) in the bus station, we were off! And....it maybe that I am getting used to it, or Thai drivers maybe safer...but I felt alot more comfortable this time!!!

Needless to say we arrived in one piece (well two - me and Jen ;-)) Only to be met by even more Tuk Tuk drivers...whose english was interesting to say the least! Unfortunatley on this occassion we were conned into believeing that no buses were running anymore and paid over the odds (at a whole 75p each!) to get to Krabi Town, where the Tuk Tuk driver was actually found to be on our side - finding us a WONDERFUL guest house - K's Guest House, that was clean like no other we had stayed in - with a fantastically helpful little owner! For only 1.40GBP a night - unbelievable! I like it here!!!!!

Our first day saw a lazy day, with a late morning - well 9.30am....for some unknown (and pretty unpopular with Jen) reason I have been up and about by 7.30 am for some time now! Weird! Anyway......we strolled about town looking for some breakfast, chatted to some of the other travellers.....sussing the job out don't you know and decided to go to the beach - Ao Nang - this was our first proper view of Thai Paradise......more turquoise waters, warm seas, blue skies.......am I boring you?! Where we chilled til sunset, involving, for once (believe it or not Dan?!) some cocktails!!! Alcohol is cheaper here - we feel we can justify it! Then headed back to Krabi Town to book our trip, get some
Beat that!Beat that!Beat that!

Little did we know there was MUCH better to come!
dinner and go for a few cheeky bevvies!

Our (first) trip - called the four islands tour, this took us (not suprisingly) to 4 of Thailands south-western islands - poda, tup, chicken and rai-ley (a mainland beach accessed only by water - with a pretty amazing cave!) Where we lounged about, snorkelled, had lunch, explored........all the things you do really........... with boat trips in between! Check out the piccies.....more to come at a later date! And that is it up til now! Will keep you posted on the rest as and when!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Hows that for Paradise?Hows that for Paradise?
Hows that for Paradise?

Dan - no taking me out of the equation!!!
Jen and some Stalactites? (might be mites!)Jen and some Stalactites? (might be mites!)
Jen and some Stalactites? (might be mites!)

Usually get the two confused!


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb