Off to Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
March 23rd 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

5:30 came early. We haven't been up at that time in almost a month. Hard to believe I used to wake up 5 days a week at that time to go to work. The bus picked us up at our hotel on time and drove us to the Pier. We then boarded a bigger bus. We drove up to the ferry then had to get off and walk on. This seems pretty normal, as when we were in Costa Rica last year and rented a car, I wasn't allowed to drive on the ferry with Tris. The ferry ride was maybe an hour and a half then we boarded the big bus again. We drove a little ways then stopped for 30 min at a place for lunch. We finally arrived in Krabi 9 hours after we had been picked up in the morning. It took way longer then expected. We got dropped off at a tour company in the middle of no where. We asked how we get to Krabi town and they said we pay 50 baht each for a taxi, and that the taxi will be there in 10 minutes. 30 minutes latd.er we are still sitting there, so I went and asked again. The lady said something that I couldn't understand. She said something about Phi Phi island... Anyway, the taxi finally showed up - which was actually a minivan - and we climbed in as well as another family. 5 minutes into the drive the driver gets a phone call saying that the family was missing their ticket for their hotel reservation so we had to turn around. FINALLY we made it to our hostel. We are actually trying out a real hostel for the first time, dorm rooms. We are in a mixed dorm. It seems to be all girls, and one guy other then Tris. Google Pak Up Hostel. We walked around the town for a few minutes. Somethings wrong with my bank card, I can't take money out... who knows. I messaged them online to see what is up. Thankfully Tris can take out money! We grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant close by and looked at a few tour brochures. We decided to go for it and book a tour. We are doing a 5 island tour called Hong Islands. It involves snorkelling, beaches, lunch etc. The rest of the evening is being spent hanging out in the hostel lobby watching tv and hopefully meeting other travellers.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb