Ao Nang, Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
March 29th 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bully by the PierBully by the PierBully by the Pier

Palm trees and longtail boats
Hey y'all. Arrived in Krabi from Ko Phi Phi on 28th March, we decided to avoid Krabi town itself and head straight for the nearest beach resort, Ao Nang. There were a few cheap guesthouses so it is a backpacker destination in one sense, on the other hand a lot of the tourists seemed to be scandinavians on package holidays. On our first night we went out to a few bars, one with a Rock Music theme called Encore Cafe it was nicely decked out with posters of John Lennon, Bob Marley, Led Zepplin and suchlike on the walls and ceilings. We got talking to this bloke from Birmingham who had been travelling on his own for the last 5 weeks. It turned out that he was a producer on Chris Evans' Radio show, so it was interesting talking to him about all of the celebs that had been on the show in the past- including a darker side to Richard Madely... thats all i'm saying!?!

We ended up on a strip of bars watching the Arsenal v Juventus game, the Italians watching it weren't best pleased- Arsenal looked awesome. Didn't get to bed till 6ish, but we only had a lazy day of beach bumming ahead of us the next day.

The day of the 29th was spent chilling on the beach, finished yet another book in record time, and prepared for the night time. We went back to Encore Cafe where they had a Thai band belting out some rock classics in their own unique fashion- their upbeat version of Imagine by John Lennon was particularly memorable. The lead singer thought he was such a Rock n Roll star- He had Long wavy hair and had an Air-fan set up on the stage in front of him blowing his hair back throughout the performance! after each song he also took it upon himself to take a gulp of his beer and hold his bottle up to the audience and say "Rock n Roll"- Rock n Roll indeed! We ended up in quite a cool club called Luna Bar which closed at 2am- (usually here the clubs don't shut til silly o'clock so we weren't expecting the relativerly early finish-cest la vie.)





Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb