Island hopping


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
December 10th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our transportOur transportOur transport

these are the boats that took us around the islands. They are powered by modified car engines.
Today was our day of island hopping. We got picked up around 8am and set off for our 5 island tour...i only counted 3 or 4 at a push.

The first place we visited was a large island with a lagoon in the middle of it, looked pretty cool with nice rock formations. We then moved onto a beach for the next couple of hours where we lay on the beach and snorkeled around until lunch time.

Lunch was a buffet of fried chicken, green chicken curry, veggies, rice and then some fresh fruit for dessert. We were joined by a monitor lizard for lunch, seemed pretty chilled until he started whacking things with his tail. At the beach you could also feed all the fish that came and begged from you.

Our next stop was rai island where you could just relax on the beach (which was a tidal bridge that connected two islands) we walked around a bit and found some sea daisies that will hopefully make it home intact.

Our final stop was paradise island which looked pretty awesome althought we didnt explore it too much. The snorkeling was good here, very shallow mostly
EntranceEntranceEntrance

Looking out the entrance to the lagoon.
so you had to mind the giant sea urchins which were in abundace. Doug managed to get bitten by something that looked like a cross dressing clown fish, probably shouldnt have gone too near its anenome and teased it.

It was a nice relaxed day.

Tomorrow we plan to spend at Ao nang beach again lazing around and maybe have a big lunch there too.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LagoonLagoon
Lagoon

This is what the lagoon inside the island looked like.
Feeding fishFeeding fish
Feeding fish

Sandy feeding the fish. They have quite a hard nip!
Lunch guestLunch guest
Lunch guest

The monitor lizard that visited us for lunch. Apparently this is just a small one...
island 2/3island 2/3
island 2/3

the beach we stopped on...
final stopfinal stop
final stop

paradise island


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb