Ahhhh, Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
February 7th 2008
Published: February 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 15: Krabi

I woke up early this morning, so excited to go out on the balcony and see exactly what Krabi looked like. It was so dark when we arrived the night before, we couldn't see much.

Oh, a quick note about the lovely hotel we stayed in Krabi. Originally, we were supposed to stay at the Sheraton Krabi on the beach and I was very much looking forward to it. Two days before we arrived in Krabi, I received an e-mail from the hotel saying that there was a technical issue and they overbooked their rooms. They were therefore moving us to a 'neighboring' hotel. As you can imagine, I was so upset but was assured we were moving to a 5-star hotel down the street from the Sheraton, however, it was across from the beach rather than on it. We arrived in the evening of the 6th at the Sofitel and were absolutely amazed. There was a huge open air lobby where we were told to sit down on the comfy furniture and they served us refreshing drinks while they took our luggage and checked us in. Rachel's friends Bari and her boyfriend Dennis came to Krabi for the weekend with us as well. After checking in, we were given a quick tour and guided to our room which was very spacious and included a balcony with a view of the beach.

From the balcony that morning, the beach looked amazing with rocks in the distance rising out of the water. We got up and ate breakfast outdoors at the restaurant at the Sofitel (it was included). They had so much food to choose from it was great.

Today, we headed out to Raillay beach for the day. To get there, we took a shuttle to Ao Nang beach and then a boat from there. The boatride was about 30 minutes and provided a stunning view of the rocks far out in the water and around Raillay beach as we approached. I felt like I was in The Goonies movie looking for a pirate ship, haha! Raillay beach is known for rock climbing and that was evidenced by all the large rocks around the beach. The beach was pretty small and we were able to find a spot with some shade to put our blankets. The water here is absolutely gorgeous! Very clear and pristine blue. We went straight for the water after we got settled and it was so warm and helped cool us off from the hot sun. It was a very relaxing day and I spent most of the day reading. It was very nice to just relax. The beach had a small 'downtown' right off the beach which consisted of an area with one restaurant and about 10 stores selling beach merchandise, snorkeling and diving trips.

After spending the day at the beach, we headed back to the hotel and went straight for the pool at the hotel. The pool at the hotel is huge! It is 320 meters long and wraps around the entire front of the hotel. It has a bar (with seats in the water!) which of course I took advantage of for fun fruity frozen drinks : ) The long stretch in the middle of the pool was made like an affinity pool and looked like you could jump over the edge and be in the ocean. We swam for a bit and watched the sunset before heading in to change and get ready for dinner.

For dinner, we walked down the street
The Sofitel PoolThe Sofitel PoolThe Sofitel Pool

Crazy Ridiculous....it was 320 meters long! Bar and stools included : )
to a small Thai restaurant. We ate upstairs outside with the sounds of the ocean in the background. The food was excellent!

Tomorrow we are heading the Koh Phi Phi!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

I feel like I'm a Goonie I feel like I'm a Goonie
I feel like I'm a Goonie

Where's the gold Mikey!
SandcrabSandcrab
Sandcrab

There were so many of them!!
Sunset Sunset
Sunset

The pool at the Sofitel with the ocean in the back...cool huh!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb