3rd July part 2 - Sarah's turn!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now Ben has told you all about Kota Kinabalu and our lazy lazy time eating Heinz Spaghetti and our jolly adventures in the travellers mecca of Bangkok, it's my turn to tell you about the next step on our life changing journey!!!

What a welcome! You can tell I'm in an internet cafe where you buy a beer and get free internet....:P!!

So.. we got on the bus (10 and half our journey.. but with almost fully reclining seats!!) at 6ish in Bangkok.. we paid half the price for the journey that we were originally quoted, and listening to the people around us, paid a lot less than anyone else! Jammy gits! We stopped at 12 to have food at a place that charged us English prices for chocolate biscuits - scandalous! - we also ate food here, unfortunately before Ben went to the loo and read a message "never eat the food here!"...

On with the journey, stopped at 5pm at the jump off point for the east coast islands, and were told we had to wait 3 hours for the bus at 8... rubbish! So, resourceful travellers that we are, one guy had a laptop, and along with our travel speakers meant that we could watch a film to pass the time! Pretty much every person except about 4 of us went off to the east coast islands (Ko Samui, Ko Phan Ngan, Ko Tao) and we hopped on a bus which then proceeded to stop at a garage to be fixed for blimming ages!! We went across the country and eventually ended up supposedly in Krabi... but 10km out. these damn long distance bus stations!! We got a bus to a nearby town (Ao Nang), then a longtail boat over to some beaches nearby. The beaches are on a headland and feel like an island which is bizzare when you think you are on the same landmass as France!

We got a cheap chalet in a nice area (but a slog from the beach with our bags!). We had a brief swim and beach stint, thenback to our chalet to bargain with the owner for a discount on our chalet (it's low season here.. monsoon season yet it's been the least rainy place!!. touch wood!). That evening we had dinner and watched a very dodgy pirate copy of pirates of the carribean 3 (pirates all around!) ona big screen. Ben kept dropping off and I had to guide him back home!

Next day, checked out the beaches in the area, some really beautiful places. We did this pretty much all day, then went exploring some more. We found a trail leading to a cave lot's of caves and stuff in this area), which involved climbing up ropes and ladders.. pretty sure it wasn't included on our insurance!!!!!Pretty amazing though, loads of bats etc.. you can see the photos!

Accidently on purpose had dinner at the same place that night.. they were playing spiderman 3! It was just chance that we watched a film 2 nights in a row.. don't worry we haven't got bored of each other yet!!!

Then we come to today. We woke up quite late and waited to get the 2.30 longtail to Krabi, the nearest big town. Got to Krabi a bit to late to get a bus to our next stop (hopefully theisland of Koh Jum, although it has many other names) so decided to stay here for a night. Found a room for 100 baht (about 1 pund 50 we think?) and went out for some grub and a c elebratory beer. Thus you find us now.. a bit sozzled! Never fear though, we are a bit old now and get tired and wanna go to bed long before we actually get drunk!!!!

So,... our adventures continue!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb