I like thaaaat......why not!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 21st 2007
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days in Ko Lanta were spent very much the same as the previous ones, sun, sea, sand and mae kong. One night we sat at Nims Bar (who we soon came to call Mama) where the bar staff were a bit friendly. We also met a guy from Jersey called Danny who joined in with the fun and games which included dominos and cards til 5am with the bar staff. We then decided to go for a night swim and didnt retire to the apartment til 6am. The next night we decided to treat oursleves to a nice meal at the 5star resort down the beach, however we got rained in and continued to buy drinks at extortionate prices which racked up a pricey bill! It would have been worth it for 2 good meals but darrens was slim to say the least, 2 chicken breasts on a plate and half a tomato. The silver lining was meeting Ram and his cousin who gave us valuable Thai and Indian advice. We all went to Bomp bar next to our place and met the thai barman who was rather intoxicated on Thai whiskey and 'special herbs'. He was a cheerful character who for the whole first night used his favourite english phrase, 'I like thaaaaaaat.... why not!!' as an answer to every statement. The last night we returned to Mama's as she said she'd provide us with a few free shots (this trip isnt as alcohol orientated as it sounds!), where we discussed at length Nims Noms... take of it what you will, but bear in mind that shes a 50(+) yr old thai woman. On the 19th we left the idyllic life of Lanta to come to Krabi... a small fishing town on the river with nothing to do! Our accommodation wasnt exactly as the bible preached, the staff couldnt care less and the toilet didnt flush... bad news when we both have digestion problems (an honourable mention to the guy who tried to fix it to no avail after darren had 'relieved himself'). Bites, rashes and reactions to the malaria tablets has left us feeling the worse for wear, which leaves us in good stead for a day of flying and sitting in airports. Today we are flying to Chiang Mai, where hopefully we can get an adapter for the camera. After a week on a beach, we crave (Alex especially) the temples and monuments that Chiang Mai has to offer.

On a side note as we write this, Alex's rash is worsening... oh what a fun day we have in store.

Advertisement



23rd April 2007

like it a bit too much
you both seem to be settling in to this way of life days on the beach nights in the bar.
24th April 2007

Bites, rashes and reactions to the malaria tablets has left us feeling the worse for wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing to do with alcohol intake????... No didnt think so. Hope Alex's rash has gone by now, but dont be afraid to try the local chemists usually the remedies you get from them are better suited to their environment than stuff brought over from home.
26th April 2007

Hello from Scotland!
Hey guys! This is a hello from Scotland! Sounds like your having a great time! A mate was in Thailand last year says you should see some Thai-boxing, a sight not to be missed!! Going down to visit newcastle next weekend, Darren awrite to have your room??? Enjoy boys Emxx

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb