My Christmas visit to Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
January 1st 2007
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hmmm...this seems to be too late, it's already 2007 and I am still writing my travel blog on 'last year' Christmas vacation at Krabi.

Air ticket to Krabi was pretty cheap after all. It costs me around SGD100 for a return ticket from Singapore Budget Terminal to Krabi. Indeed this wasn't my first time on a budget flight, been on JetStar to HK and Airasia to KK, so overall experience wasn't that bad. Seat was comfy and environment was not too noisy.

Reached Krabi airport around 6pm local time. Suprisingly, Krabi airport is not what I have expected, clean and modern building are the words to describe. Even better than the Old BKK airport. However, as usual custom clearance was pretty slow.

Well, managed to find our resort representative who arranged an airport transfer to our resort. Communication was pretty hard as both sides can't speak each other language.
We just sat silently on the mini van to the Krabi jetty to Railay beach.

No lamp post. Everything was in a dark. Can't even see our boat at the jetty. Well, my fren tried to call the resort personnel, but unable to contact. Waited for another 45 mins before a Thai guy, showing his Diamond Cave t-shirt brought us on a mini bike cum taxi to the next jetty.

Managed to get on the longtail boat after a 5 minutes walk on dead corals on our barefoot, indeed a free of charge foot reflexeology. Reached Railay East after 15~20 mins of boat ride.
We were welcomed by Resort Manager, a young and lovely lady who apologise for the delay in boat transfer.

After unloading our luggages, we explored the restaurants around for good seafoods as I have been craving for crabs! However, no crabs in the restaurant that we went. Service was good and the waiter is multi-language speaker....bravo! Fish-seabass in spicy-sour sauce was good as well as the mango salad. Others was just alright, too spicy for me I think. We ordered steames fish, tom yam soup, mango salad, bbq squid, green curry, baked potatoes cost us 700baht.

Next thing we got to do is to book for our day trip to PhiPhi island, hot spring and Hong island.
3 packages for 3600baht, consider a good bargain during peak period.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb