Happy New Year


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

another sunsetanother sunsetanother sunset

you'd think they'd get boring....... but they don't
Hello all, we hope you've all had a good festive season!
We spent new years on the island of Tarutao which is AMAZING! Its so peaceful amd quiet with loads of wildlife. We intended to stay for about 4 nights just over new year but ended up stay there for a relaxing 9 instead. We were camping on the beach listening to the lapping of the waves. The sunsets were amazing some were bright pink and orange, one we watched from the view point on the top of a cliff then descended through the jungle in the dark.
We also trekked on a rather vague path to a perfectly clear waterfall and swimming hole were we did the honours and swam with the fish.
The tourist seemed to pile onto the island for new yearbut thankfully they soon piled off again on new years day. Our new years eve was spent surrounded by candles on the beach. We had bought some firework to set off but the one and only one we did set off echoed off the 3 surrounding hillsides oooooops, we were promptly told not to make noisy again!!
We are now currently in Hat Yai near the malaysian border which we intend to cross in the next few days. Last night being our first night back in a place where there was a choice of where you can eat we found a all you can eat harvesters type thing and did just that !!!!! we went to bed feeling just a little on the OVER full side!!well worth it though!
Hope you are all well
love lots
Paul n Helly xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Four months growthFour months growth
Four months growth

BEEEEEAAAAARRRRD!!!!!!


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb