The Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
September 16th 2006
Published: September 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Left Krabi and took the ferry over to the island of Kho Phi Phi Don, which was battered by the Tsunami back in December 2004, now it's rebuilt on the front, but a building site in the middle, we found a character filled guesthouse up the back of the village along a muddy lane, amongst the rubble and JCB's these guys are carrying on, good spirit and all, it's not just the Brits that have so called stiff upper lips.

Rick was too ill to do anything but lie on his bed and sweat, so Rhian and I had to leave him dying to go on a pilgramage on a boat over to Kho Phi Phi Ley, which was used as the location for 'The Beach' must of been a bit of digital superimposing going on but it was still amazing, esp for some deep sea snorkelling, spent a great day on a boat, spoiled only by one gentleman who chose to sunbathe on deck, legs apart in speedos!?! tut tut.

After 3 nights Rick was better so we got a boat over to sample of Patong back in the Phuket area, it's seedier than soho, more banging than
Ko Phi Phi LeiKo Phi Phi LeiKo Phi Phi Lei

Hard to tell but this is the beach.
Brighton, and just chokka full of old brits in bad fitting shorts walking along with young Thai girls. Did actually frequent a 'gogo' bar, but I actually ended up playing 'Connect 4' I loved the irony somehow.

But and early start the next day as we got into a taxi at 5am next day, sadly it was not a taxi, it was just some geezer who had been drinking all night with his mates, and as we sped off I noticed that his breath was like a brewery and a distillery. I can't cope with sheer terror at such early hours but we made it alive, despite his insistance on playing 'The Vengaboys'. He kept offering to share his beercan with me, first time I've had that from a taxi driver, but as I said he was no taxi driver.

Then a 12 hour bus journey down to the Malay border. Yes decided to visit a country not on my scedule.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sea IslandsSea Islands
Sea Islands

Secret Smugglers Cave,
Sea IslandsSea Islands
Sea Islands

Ko Phi Phi


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb