Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about repeating ourselves slighty in the last two blogs, we were very drunk the first time so forgot what we had actually wrote. Anway we made it to Koh Phi Phi after a two hour boat journey that we struggled with due to the fact we had made the most of our last night in Phuket at a bar offewring 3 hours free bar, we just couldn't resist. We were accompained by a new friend om the wasy to Phi Phi from Leeds called Ollie he's a great chap who's travelling on his own, we decided to stay in the same accom he booked for the 1st night in Phi Phi which was a bambo built bunglow with a fan (bare in mind three lads, 2 mattresses and that was about it), we put our bags down and headed to the beach as the weather was pukka, later on we grabbed a couple of beers and headed up to viewpoint to watch the sunset, after climbing these ridiculous stairs and walkways we made it, and the sunset along with the view of the whole island was breathtaking.
That night we proceeded with a couple of games of pool & drinks, in an attempt to not get too drunk as the next day we wanted to visit a few islands surrounding Phi Phi (Where the beach was filmed/Snorkeling/Monkey Island) however this was not the case, we ended up on the beach raving away where we met a fair few interesting people, and I (Dani) got chatting to a south london bird who was working at the main bar, Slinkys, who sorted us out with a nice thai smoke. We headed back to the bunglow where myself & pat were chilling in the hammock nicely baked whilst Ollie was a bit drunk wrestling with his mosquito net that made us crease as them northerns are a funny breed of people.
The next day we choose to move out the bunglow as all three of us were bitten to shit, so we found a cheap place above a bar with aircon (absolute dream), that day we had a plan to go on the tour to Maya Bay (the beach), Viking cave, Monkey Island, Snorkerling & finally a private party on a tiny beach that you have to swim too.
The tour was amazing although we were on this wooden boat with 15 others we loved it, the place where the beach was filmed is just out of this world and for me personally snorkeling was a highlight as I have never done it before, the private party was jokes with the locals who run it absolute battered and so lean it was unreal, doing fire shows but falling all over the shop, our group grew this evening after meeting two lads from Maidstone, which when we all came round on the boat realised we had been raving with them the night before on the beach! They have been travelling for 2 years now, including over a year in Aus working on a ranch the size of sweden and doing construction work in the city, so now we have a contact for Melbourne when we get there as they seem to know the underground clubs etc.
After the tour Ollie & Pat went for a massage as I went off to the Irish bar to watch Arsenal play, later they joined and they started to get on the buckets, me being a bit sceptical choose to stay on the Chang & Gin as another few people we had met on the boat over to Phi Phi & the tour warned us of the buckets from certain bars, some losing 8 hours of there night only to be bed bound the whole next day. We carried our night on at the beach where we met this bird from beaconsfield accompanied by two dragons from Manchester, the beaconsfield bird took a big shine to Ollie (She wasn't fit) and started creeping on him to the point where he decided to call it a night as he had to be up early for his boat over to Koh Samui (which all 3 girls we had met were going to be on as well as a bus and another boat, a whole day's travel).
Pat & I had heard about a bar ironically called Stone's a bit further up the beach, we grabbed a beer and a small wooden table low to the floor with cushions around it where we looked out to sea at boats, and to the stars as we were very very lean!
I think that's everything up to date and we will try to blog as much as we can, having a relaxing day today as we are catching a boat to Koh Lanta which is meant to be the untouched thai island and very cheap, laterss people!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb