Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Koh Phi Phi is literally paradise! I had the most amazing 8 days of my life there! We were only meant to stay for 3 days and just kept extending our stay...everyone HAS to go there one day!!!!! Ok so we arrived on a boat from Phuket (Den of Sin remember?!) to the most beautiful island! The white beach is lined with Long boats with different coloured scarfs on the ends, turquoise sea and an amazing vibe like being in your first year of uni all over again! Its quite small, theres the more touristy holiday makers side and then the town which is mainly backpackers! We stayed in a hostel called Kinaree house right in the middle of town! The room was ok though they did squeeze 3 beds into a double room so there was just about enough room to move and then the bathroom was vile beyond words! I literally wore flipflops everytime i entered and tried my best not to touch anything in fear of disturbing a nest of some vile beast lurking in the shadows!lol! Despite this i loved being there! The beach in Phi Phi is always buzzing with people swimming, snorkelling, playing sports or just old fashioned sunbathing! The tide gets really really low so u can just sit in the middle of the sea waist deep in water and watch everything happen...bliss!!!!! On every corner was my favourite fruit shake bars...i have literaly tried one in every flavour (coconut and watermelon are my favs!!) Every night we went out around 11pm after our afternoon nap (standard) and headed down to the beach with a bucket where there are a line of bars right on the beach playing amazing music! Its like being at a festival, you can just walk along and dance to a different song in every bar or sit on one of the cushions next to a beach candle and watch the stars! On the last few nights the monsoon seemed to hit around 2am however this just added to the festival vibe as most people were far to stubborn (and drunk) to be moved from the party even after the music had been turned off and they were drenched down to their knickers!

We went on a boat trip on our second to last day to Maya Beach (AKA The Beach) which is beautful but very dirty suprisingly! I was not very impressed with having to be involved in a recreation of the opening scene in 'The Beach' where Leo has to swim across rocks and 10 foot waves to reach the shore! The driver of the long boat literally dropped us off about half a mile from this wall of rocks with waves crashng against it and a rope ladder leading up to a small cliff and gave us our marching orders! I nearly had a panic attack half way to the rocks and was certain that i wouldnt make it! I did however ( covered in scratches and blood...BUT I MADE IT!!!). We also got to visit monkey beach which is a small beach with you have guessed it....little monkeys in trees! Now i am not the biggest fan of monkeys or any animal with sharp teeth and suspicious fingers but i gave it a go and tried to keep my screams to myself when one attempted to come closer to me for a look! All in all it was a great trip and i have discovered a hidden talent of mine for snorkelling!I'm actually pretty good at it and for someone that is challenged in the sports department i am very proud of myself!haha!

The day we had to leave Phi Phi i actually nearly cried, i was heart broken! I feel that every place i now go to will have a high standard to reach if it is to match Phi Phi! (and to be honest im not sure if anywhere will!haha!). I am so tempted o move to Phi Phi and be lost forever there in paradise!But life goes on and we are off to Krabi before we head to Koh Tao.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb