Koh Phi Phi & Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Long BeachLong BeachLong Beach

Koh Phi Phi Don

Koh Phi Phi



We went to beautiful Phi Phi for two days. Knowing that it would be a lot more busy and hence expensive we ended up at Phi Phi Hill resort on Long Beach. We found that this was the best value for money place in this beach with huge bungalows and decent restaurant with spectacular views! Our twin room with bathroom was 750baht.
Phi Phi was definitely worth the visit even though you have to share with many people. We met a lovely Australian couple called Jono & Claire and spent time with them on Phi Phi. We booked a longtail boat to go on a snorkelling trip to Maya Beach on Phi Phi Ley (where the film 'The Beach' was filmed) and another lovely bay nearby. The snorkelling here is so good and probably the best site apart from Fiji.

Phuket


Like Phi Phi, Phuket beaches are really beautiful with soft white sand. We stayed in Phuket only two days as it was also a a bit out of our budget (but still cheap!) with it being so busy with mainly package holiday makers. It was very strange for us to have to share Kata beach with hundreds of others after coming from Koh Jum!!
We stayed in a lovely hotel/guesthouse called Kata View and had a really good room for 600baht with aircon, tv, fridge etc.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Long BeachLong Beach
Long Beach

Koh Phi Phi Don
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

where the movie was filmed
Phi Phi DonPhi Phi Don
Phi Phi Don

View from Phi Phi hill resort
SinghaSingha
Singha

Kata Beach


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb