Boat Trip From Phi Phi...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Clown Fish 9 secs
Today we were up at the crack of dawn. Very excited for our boat trip. We left the bay at 9am and head off to Maya Bay. This is where they made the movie, The Beach. When we got there, there was maybe two other boats, so we took photo's and walked around. We walked thru the jungle and found another beach, well more like rocks. You had to walk thru a hole in the cliff to get to it. I went nuts because the water was so clean and just wanted to snorkel, Linda was happy to go back to the main beach and tan. So that's what we did. It was so amazing the water, anenemones, clown fish, coral, etc etc. It was perfect. After a while I head back to Linda who was sucking up the sun and was in for a big surprise. The whole beach had filled with boats and tourists, I couldn't believe it. Not even 30min before, there was only us and maximum 2 other boats. Now the beach looked so bad, like Blue Lagoon on the weekend(for those of you who are from Durban, South Africa, you will know what I am talking about!).
Lucky for us, we left shortley after.
Next stop was exactly where I came from snorkeling, so I was well happy!
Another cool place we went to was Monkey Bay. The name says it all, a bay with monkeys. We stoped to feed them fruit. They are not shy and although afraid of the water, seem more than happy to take food from you while the waves wash up onto the beach. I was a bit scarred as was Linda, we had heard a story from another traveler who had been here. He said that when he went on the tour and on this bay to feed the monkeys, some girl was feeding them and they went mad and scratched and bit her, badly! I was hoping it would happen on our trip, makes for some good photo's. No luck!
We went past Viking Cave which is a huge cave on the cliff face and in it there is paintings from vikings back in the day. We never saw it as the cave was closed!
Next stop was Bamboo Island. Long stretch of white soft sand and turqoise water. Very nice beach to relax and tan. This is where we were served lunch, rice and veg, you don't get healthier than that? Do you?
The last stop was Shark Point. Now i'm excited, finnaly I get to see a shark.... Negative, not one. I am convinced these names are all bull, just for tourists to make it sound better than it realy is! Anyway, it was still a good snorkel, whith lits of coral and fish.
Now we are back in our hell hole of a room. It is so hot in here, you could poach an egg. Also, it stinks so bad as the toilet is a do it yourself job. No flushing here, bucket and water!
We have booked our ticket to Phuket, we leave tomorrow at 9am. Not by choice as we didn't want to go there but logisticaly, it makes sence. Max one night and we move on. We need to be at the Cambodian border in 7 days, before our visa for Thailand expires.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb