Hat Ton Sai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
August 28th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Krabi airport on a special offer flight, after the night train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. It turned out the shuttle bus had already left, so we had to pay the earth to get a taxi to Ao Nang. Getting out of the taxi we found it was the wrong pier, so had to sprint, backpacks and all, yelling for the taxi to come back. 2nd time lucky, we got to the right place, where we waited to catch a longtail boat to our destination, Hat Ton Sai.

Hat Ton Sai, a secluded beach cutoff from the world at high tide, and only accessible by boat, came recommended by my sister, and truly didn't disappoint. After a number of weeks rushing around Asia, it was fantastic to check in to our own bungalow and enjoy deserted beaches and lying on the beachfront decking drinking coffee.

Our first afternoon we wandered around to Rai Leh as the tide was out, and had a swim in the surprisingly hot water.

Day 2 and Alex went off climbing, in a class of 1! I decided that clinging to a sheer cliff-face by my fingernails (yes I have actually managed to stop biting them) is not really my idea of fun, so I was the sole occupant of the beach for the entire afternoon. Talk about uninterrupted reading time!

Alex loved his climbing, and amazingly only came back with a few tiny scratches. Apparently he is very good- his Laos instructor wanted him to become his climbing partner! He manged 5 climbs and took some good pictures from up high above the beaches.

Day 3- well we did absolutely nothing. It's a hard life. I shall have to remember these days when I'm stressed at work!

Day 4- on to new climes. A longtail boat, a minibus, 2 buses and a ferry were in store to get across the peninsula to Gulf Coast Samui. Not the most exciting of days. Thai transport is almost as slow as a snail, although few other complaints. As we boarded the ferry the heavens opened, and we thought great- we managed the 'rainy' Andaman coast in the dry and will now get the 'drier' Gulf Coast in the wet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb