Koh Phi Phi & Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
April 12th 2007
Published: April 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Then on Thursday morning we headed off to Ko Phi Phi. We went out in the evening as it was their New Year at midnight, and the water chucking started!
Had a brilliant night, in the morning (Friday), we walked out our door and it wasn't long before we were soaked head to toe in ice-cold water! Armed only with a couple of water bottles we did our best to get the buggas back! Hannah got her Talc out, which many of them had (but weren't expecting us foreigners to have!) This carried on for the whole day and was the best waterfight EVER!
About 4pm we took a break from the water-fight to hire a long-tail boat out to to Phi Phi Leh (the smaller, less touristy, more beautiful island). This is where The Beach was filmed. We saw it from the boat, but it was pretty touristy, with loads of speed-boats crusing in from nearby Phuket, Krabi, and pretty much everywhere. We were in a shanty of a boat, but we got there!
We went around a bay for some amazing snorkelling, litterally swimming in the schoals of fish! It was brilliant!
Another all-you-can-eat grill for dinner with some mates we had met up with 3 times since meeting them in Ko Phagnan at the Full Moon Party!
It's mad bumping into the same people all the time!
The next day (Saturday), we didn't do a huge amount. We went around some of the diving shops to see what sort of diving was around and booked a trip for tomorrow.
Sunday - Diving!! We went on 2 dives just off Ko Phi Phi Ley. It was fantastic! We saw sea-horses, harlequin sweetlips, tuna, a turtle, trevalley, pufferfish, box-fish, angelfish, moray eel, that's just off the top of our heads! Oh yeah and 2 leopard sharks!! It was just us 2 and the instructor which was brilliant. When we got near the 2nd leopard shark, the instructor went shhh! and touched the back fin of this huge shark. Then told Hannah to do it! Hannah knelt down on the seabed alongside the instructor and reached out and slowly touched the fin of the shark, when something stung her knee, making her jump and the shark bolt at the same time! Quite a few bubbles blown out when that happened! Oops! Very funny.
Monday we went from Ko Phi Phi to Ko Lanta, another island further down the Andaman coast. In the afternoon we hired a bike out again and had a wander around the island. It's basically one long stretch of beach, about 40 km long.
Tuesday (today) we went to the Kao Mai Kaeo Caves, which would have been an entertaining sight for you guys to watch. First we had to go down a hole, litterally a hole less than a metre wide! Then wriggle through seams and slide on your bum sometimes through bat-poo to areas as big as churches, it was incredible! We gave ourselves massive pats on the back when we got out after 2 hours! Don't think we'll be doing it again in a hurry, but was a great experience!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb