1st days.........


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 6th 2014
Published: October 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Bangkok yesterday after a long flight via Deli....both flights were an experience to say the least. However we did sleep most of the time.

We got a taxi once we landed in Bangkok to take us to our Hotel.....Nasa Vegas (which Lauren thought was called Never Vegas.....bloody blondes!!!!!) We paid 800 baht for the taxi which is about £16.......at the time we thought this was good, we found out today we was actually ripped off! Note to selves....friendly thai man telling us about his family and telling us all the sights is a con man - the taxi should have been 350 baht.....lesson well learnt!......to make it worse we bloody tipped him aswell!

Anyway back to the Hotel.......we was both slightly concerned as we paid £5.50 each for the 1 night, we wasn't sure what to expect. Well we was pleasantly surprised! It looked quite posh from the outside when we got dropped off, I thought surely not! The room let it down a bit......but for the price we paid and compared to accommodation we have ahead of us it was like the Ritz!!! We ordered room service and had our 3rd curry of the day!

Up bright and early today for yet another long day of travelling! Taxi to Don Muan Airport where we were both about 6kg over the 15kg free allowance......typical travellers on the floor of the airport taking all our heavy stuff out.....I resorted to strapping as much as possible to my self! Once that was sorted like a typical tourist we had a subway! And then boarded yet another plane! Only an 1 hours journey, then an hour on a bus and 3 hours on a ferry.......where there was NO health & safety AT ALL! We had to duck under poles hanging off the back of a lorry and heave our backpacks up the steepest and wettest steps! Lauren had the misfortune of being the first out of us to experience the typical Thai toilet......for those of you have been you'll understand!!! She was mortified when she returned!!! I decided to wait for our hotel!

We got a taxi......an opened back truck to our Hotel and much to our dislike it was just us 2! But we made it safely to our new Home......Sea Love Bungalows! It is amazing.....we are staying in a little white washed shack in the Beach Front.....the owner Magda is hillarious and so lovely! We love it......so homely & welcoming. Currently sitting in the bar, had a beautiful dinner and now relaxing with our room mates! Off to Jungle Party tomorrow which is a Pre- Party for Full Moon......it's actually in the JUNGLE!!!! Wooooop Woooooop


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb