FULL MOON 2010! ... what is it about this party that attracts such a crowd? The Magic of the full moon, perhaps..


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 21st 2010
Published: December 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

21st November, Full Moon Party, koh phangan (haad rin beach) ... This date was put in the dairy along time ago! Trust me.

Okay, to DF this day was like Christmas. To any one who doesn't know what the full moon party is ... the full moon party begins at dusk, when the yellow moon makes its appearance over the white sand beach. As the evening progresses the beach explodes into a dancing freenzy as different m.c's take turns on the decks.

With 10,000 people on the guest list, Luke and Scott were buzzin' all day, ready to fly the DF flag loud and proud!

As usual the day started with the usual banter, getting some food, and trying everything in there power to get hold of Mikey. Mikey being the only traveller in the World to hate facebook ... it became tricky to get hold of him, however we did manage to get one Email saying the night dive was amazing and he so some sharks!!

As Luke and Scott spent the day, walking up and around Koh Pangan to get there costumes, and Luke spending 2 hours to customise his beloved Full Moon hat, the boys, by 7pm were ready to party. No naps were needed today as plenty of red bull sorted that dilemma. The boys were covered in neon paint and ready to party with 10,000 others!

By 8pm, Luke and Scott made there way to the Sunderland boys (I mentioned we met them earlier) apartment for pre-drinks and lots of drinking games.

... what is it about this party that attracts such a crowd? The Magic of the full moon, perhaps... Okay between 10pm-4am the story is a bit of a blur. To my parents reading this I am going to leave out the gory details but to everyone else: we spent money we didn't have, drank like no-one was watching us danced like we didn't care.

Speak soon. Love DF x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb