Ko Phan Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 28th 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a 12 hour night bus, myself, Nick and Aimee had travelled from Bangkok to Surrathani where we then took a 2 hour boat journey to Ko Phan Ngan. Having a mixture of jet lag and hangover, we wasted no time in checking into the nearset accomodation. Unfortunatly this was the 'Mountain Bungalows' which were terrible- beds shaking until 5am as double bass speakers were perched just metres away from our huts. Putting this aside, they only cost us 200 baht per night and we partied hard to avoid this. The beach was beautiful (Hadrin Beach) however it was extremly touristy and built around western attention. The first night we had a few drinks and watched fire poi. The second night was the full moon party. Attracting 30,000 travellers from all over, it's one of the highlights of Thailand. Aimee opted for the peace of Ko Samuii so me and Nick partied hard with Jesse, Lucy and Laura who we'd met on the first day. A brilliant night aside, the dangers of the full moon party are clearly evident. Party goers being ressusitated from drowning and drug overdoses aswell as pick pocketers being a danger. Highlight of the night was by far having a go at fire poi. The days were mainly filled with monging out in local bars watching films and drinking fruit shakes as a hangover cure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb