crazy days in koh samui and koh phangan...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
May 10th 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again....
Im wiriting this in an internet caf in bangkok... we're here again! Seems like we just keep coming back, to be honest i love it! Apparently there has been trouble recently, well I know there has been, loads of civilians hurt and injured. I cant say I have seen anything out of the ordinary, then again we are on khao sarn road which is tourist haven so I suppose we dont get to grips with the "real" bangkok... Anyway, so we took a horrendous, absolutly horrendous bus ride up here. I personally have never had a hangover like that in my life, I had 2 hours sleep, mixed up a lot the previous night. We had to trek it, i almost crawled it, across the beach from Lighthouse bungalows to cocohut to get our taxi. Which we missed by the way.
It was sad leaving! We spent 2 really really good weeks in koh phangan, and just before that about 4 days in koh samui.
We stayed in had rin, near sunrise beach full moonbeach ! And various people came and went, including dom sam james, then luce and liz and then ben cam simon and jake all joined us. The bungalows were beautiful (have a look at the photos on fbook) when they said sea views I was expecting a wave or two, but the views we got were really breathtaking. We spent the first week, which was peak prices because of full moon in a bit of a hole, but it did us fine, specially as sam dom and james upgraded to air con! So we spent as much time as we could in their bungalow soaking up the air con, at some points the heat is just unbearable. Particularly with a hangover, all we wanted to do was climb into our beds, snuggle up in a duvet, i want it to be raining outside so Im cold....We haven't been cold in so long! We spend all day and all night every single day and night just sweating sweating sweating. It doesnt even feel abnormal anymore for there to be sweat literally drippping from your face.. I never thought I'd say this but I hope its cold and rainy when I get back to England!
We rented some peds once we were in lighthouse cause it was about a ten minute walk to town which we couldn't handle. You try walking for ten minutes in the heat when all you want is a drink and you'll understand why. So me and jess shared a moped, and then when the boys got there they got one each. We went on some really good rides around the island, tried to visit a waterfall but it was dried up so instead had a singha with our feet dipped in a natural pool... We also went to a beach on the northeast coast the ride there took you through a lovely lovely jungle route with some pretty cool jungle views of dense palm trees and pure forest. On the way back we wre about half an hour from home, it literallt started tipping it down, we were stuck in a monsoon tropical storm! It was so weird, how humid it was, I was riding along in my bikini but the rain was so heavy i could hardly see. Once we got back to lighthouse we just jumped in the sea and waited for it to stop, another strange experience!
Here in the sea that time we bumped into leigh a guy we had made friends with in laos (despite being 30) he hung around with us for a while which was cool.

A couple of days in and it was the night of full moon party! we had a couple of pre drinks, played a game of ring of fire (standard!) which produced the wanted effects... Although dom tc'd before we even got there! Probably his downing of the mixture of beer and sangsom. The beach was pretty packed, we all covered ourselves in neon paint, decided to through our buckets of sangsom coke and redbull (sold in odd medecine looking bottless...) all over our heads. The result was we looked an absolute mess, combine it with going in the sea now and again to "discreetly" pee me and jess looked delightful! But we didnt really care, everyone on the beach was in such a good chilled out party mood we couldnt complain! Boys went home around 4.30 me and jess stayed out, at some point I got soo so so hungry so we searched all up and down the beach to find something to eat. Not sure how it took us an hour to find this stall but we did and literally stuffed 3 spring rolls down our necks!

We had a couple more really good nights, one where me and sam went on a bit of a mad mission on our mopeds to find a bbq and barbequeable food! we bought an actual bbq and some red snappers! Sam manage to fillet them when we got back, ordered a couple of salads from the restaurant and beers and had a really good night just watching the stars and catching up! We then proceeeded to ruin everything by leaving out prawn and fish carcasses, by the time we got up the next morning flies ants had swarmed the baclony, it was not a pretty site! The night before they left me jess and sam stayed out a little longer than dom and james got back in at 7, waking them 2 up. I got chucked out realised i had lost my bank card so went on a deranged search for it back over the beach! Found it in the pool we went in, (in a paradiscal resort!) and have never been happier to see a piece of plastic! We got woken up at about 10 cuase the boys were leaving. Said our goodbyes then proceeded to pass out in the boys room (which they had checked out of) but never the less still had aircon. Got woken up by a very hungover leigh looking for his stuff who was also leaving, al I could muster was a feeble... "leigh..." and he left. Then got woken up again much to our dissapointment by the cleaning ladies basically telling us to get out. That was the day we lost our beloved backpacker card game, may it rest in peace (we couldnt be bothered to pick up all the cards..)

Lucy and liz came a couple of days after they had left, and again we all had such a lovely catch up and really good night with them! Ben jake and simon and cam followed. We all went to the half moon party, which was similar to full moon but much more dance music than anything else and set in the jungle! I had to take watson home due to too much consumption but it was a good night. We had another bbq under the stars which was lovely, again. This time we managed to clean up afteroursleves! It was cams bday that night pretty gd way to spend a birthday!
We left yesterday, it was sad saying gdbye to somewhere we stayed for 2 weeks, it kinda felt like home, and we had unpacked for once in our lives! We've now got 6 weeks left, which is a weird feelign to be honest.. I bet they will fly by, I personally cant work out whether I wanna go home. There are a lot of things I miss thats for sure! Meeting up with ben cam etc again in a couple of weeks in laos, to go tubing together which should be pretty good!
Got to go though and try and work out whether i can actually upload any photos, fbook is being annoying.
Another entry soon...
Lots of love x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb