Full mooning it!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 10th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Trang and decided it was a bit quiet and there wasn't that much to do, so, we looked at our options and decided we weren't ready to go straight to Bangkok and decided to get a minibus to Surat Thani and then get the night boat over to the backpacker legend that is Koh Phangan. It wasn't on top of our places to go list but we decided we really should pop in and have a look! The night boat left at 11pm and arrived in Koh Phangan at 6am. The boat was pretty cool with sleeping mats all over the top deck, the only slightly awkward part was securing pour giant bags under our legs and heads for the 7 hour journey. It was a pretty smooth crossing apart from about half an hour when i woke Tel up convinced we were going to capsize!! We didn't and arrived in one piece thankfully! We arrived the day after the half moon party and decided to stay on another 6 days to wait for the full moon party. So far we have been around most of the island, it's a pretty cool place with some beautiful beaches and a really lovely atmosphere. Tel decided to get his very first tattoo and refused to let me see until it had been done, it's pretty cool though and the day after i also had another tattoo as i have been talking about it for ages - it's the date we got married in Thai on my left foot - i love it!!!
So we have just been bumming around sunbathing and drinking too much singha until the full moon party comes! It was worth the wait and we had a wicked night/morning, the people watching was incredible and we just watched the chaos and mayhem unfold! No pictures i'm afraid as you hear so many stories about thefts etc so we decided against taking anything valuable! We hd planned to leave Koh Phangan on Easter sunday but the Thai festival of Songkran starts on monday and Thailand basically closes for three days so we have decided to stay on and leave for Koh Tao on Wednesday or Thursday!

Hope you are all good and Happy Easter to you all, sorry for the lack of eggs but i'm sure your waistlines/fillings will thank me!!!

Happy Easter speak soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Tel's poorly toe!Tel's poorly toe!
Tel's poorly toe!

He caught it on a tree root in the perhentians and has continued to grate it on a daily basis!! Gross!


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb