Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!
Sorry (again!) that it's been a while! The last week or so we've spent a lot of time travelling around! After our flight to Bangkok got cancelled we headed south to a place called Sihonoukville, Cambodia. It was so nice! We spent 3 days just lounging on the beach, sipping cocktails, swimming in the sea and generally doing not a lot. The place that we were staying in was right on the beach, we were pretty lucky to get a place there because obviously that's where everybody wants to stay so we were pretty lucky!
After a few days there we managed to sort flights from Phnom Penh to Phuket. We spent two nights in Phuket but I didn't really think too much of the place. It was really expensive and people are constantly hassling you to buy stuff which gets really annoying after a while. From Phuket we took a 5 hour bus trip to the coast and then a 3 hour boat to Koh Phangan. It's Amazing here! We managed to book the best accomodation we've stayed in so far! It's on a resort called 'Cookies' which has it's own private beach, and we're staying in a little wooden bungalow right on the beach! It's literally paradise! White sand, bright blue sea, gorgeous sun.... what more could you ask for!
We're booked in to stay here for a week but I think we might stay longer. There's a full moon party here on the 12th which we're really looking forward to! 10,000 people partying on the beach until the early hours - it should be a lot of fun!
Today we spent the morning lounging on the beach, then this afternoon we hired a scooter and drove all the way around the island which was really cool. It's such a beautiful place! We're looking at going on a day trip in the next couple of days to another island where the snorkelling is supposed to be really good so that should be fun.
Anyway I have an appointment on the beach with a beer so I'd better go! I'll try and write sooner next time!

Tash & Si xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb