phuket to ko pha ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 26th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello one and all, we are now in ko Pha ngan, but i'll start by how we got here and the days proir in phuket. We went to james bond island (where the film "man with the golden gun" was filmed) what an amazing place, and the monkey temple with mean monkeys that actually put there hands in your pockets to get food and ripped there way through your carrier bags if they thought you had a treat. needless to say i didnt feed them actually i ran past with henry in hot persute. we also went to the gypsy village where all the people live in houses built on stilts above the sea. the next day we spent on the beach and in the water the surf was great and we spent the day relaxing then in the late afternoon we went to the new budda being built on top of the mountain. really was something to see how they built these huge statues we took alot of photos of these last few days which brings me on to the trip from phuket by bus then ferry to ko pha ngan left at 7am with camera and all luggage and arrived at 9pm minus a very nice new camera and pics of phuket bit peed off to say the least. you would have thought we'd have learnt our lesson in India lucky for us we have another camera to carry on with though not half as good. anyway onwards.......... pha ngan is amazing we have a little bungalow on the beach we arrived at night it was pitch black so to wake and see the sea just out side was something else, white sands is the name of the resort and it costs 5 pounds per night its great we havent ventured far for 4 days just relaxing on the beach and in the bars walking the fishing boats, the fire dancers and the fire works. we did however walk up the the waterfalls which was pretty amazing though water a bit low and we also caught a boat and taxi to other resorts one where we sat just about to order our thai meals when we looked at the menus i had creamy cheese deep filled pie and mash and veggies and henry had bangers and mash and onion oxo gravy lol oh what joy..... there other pub in the next street was called the MASONS ARMS we didnt go there though henry dad have a john smiths bitter wqhich he enjoyed alot til we saw the date was about 1 year put of date lol stick to thai moto for day.......... anyway we have sat on the beach for two days anddone nothing but relax its fantastic we woke this morning to an amazing storm that we saw heading in we sat in our traditional thai hut with cussions watching it and really havent moved alot thoughhoping to go dee about some snorkling trips but the water proof camera seems to have stopped working too so bit peed off yet again lol oh well we are still having an amazing time here. so sorry about the lack of pics but we took some crackers if thats any consolation....


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



6th August 2008

Hello
Hi Sheila and Henry, looks like you are having a fantastic time the pictures are interesting i love the elephants. Take care love Rachael A x
8th August 2008

hair do
hi,glad your having fun whilst keeping safe (well not fun having your stuff nicked) enjoying pics apart from henry's hellraiser haircut! xx

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb