Heading South


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a great deal more travelling, we arrived in Samui. Weren't really huge fans to be honest it seemed very touristy with more European people than Thai wherever we went. We stayed in Lamai and because of a Buddhist holiday (or election, people kept telling us different things..) a lot of places were closed mainly the bars etc so that was a bit of a let down. Instead we spent most of our time on the beach, one good thing being the Thai massage places all along the beach, and there has yet been nothing more relaxing than a foot scrub whilst watching the sea!

After leaving there (and being quite glad to) we headed to Phangan which I prefere. We're staying in a fairly quiet location but only a bus drive away from the venue of the full moon party which was amazing. Unfortunately my camera was pickpocketed and I would say that if I go again I will not take anything of any value at all because it seems lots of things went missing. The weather hasn't been great, there have infact been 2 days of rain, and when we looked out through our curtains this morning I think that we were far too keen to run out into the sunshine and all 3 of us have ended up with some form of sunburn!

Tonight the plan is to feel sorry for ourselves and apply tons of aftersun! The most annoying thing being that me and Till did actually have suncream on.. well, we will have even more on in future after the very pink bodies of today!

Hoping for more of the sunshine and the only plan so far is our booking in Weang Thai for the next 2 nights and then the world is our oyster :D

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb