Black Moon Party in Kho Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 14th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post


Well well well.....Kho Pha Ngan
what can you say about this place!!! Not much coz usually no one remembers anything from this island!!! This is where the (in)famous full moon parties are held every month. Infact every month they have a full, half, new and black mooon party....basically one a week! Since i couldnt be there for the full moon party i decided to get a taste for it at the black moon party. Thats not such a bad thing missing the full moon coz literally everyone i spoke to who had been to one had a bad experience in one way or the other. Its basically a beach party with 10 to 15 thousand people on it going mental for a night. So many buckets get spiked and people get mugged and not even remember getting mugged....there are some crazy stories!

The island is great though for parties. It all happens on one beach and every night people were partying all night long with their buckets or mushroom shakes or anything really. The black moon party was much smaller than the full moon but it was great fun. I spent most of my time on the island with 4 sound lads from cork who were great craic. At one stage during the black moon party night all the lights went out briefly but were back on after a few seconds. I later found out that one of the cork lads was lying on the beach pissed. He saw what looked to be a rope heading out to sea and started pulling at it. It crossed another line and he was sent rolliong down the beach with a huge electric shock.......he could have been seriously injured but he was ok and everyone laughed their heads off....classic paddy stuff or what!!! Picture the scene of a big fire man rolling down the beach with shorts, sandals and white socks on(cause he had cut feet) which looked much brighter due to the florescent UV lights up everywhere and all the lights going out. I wouldnt mind but the same fella is a fireman back home so you think he would know better.....sorry Owen!! ;o)

Anyway apart from all the partying i did a tour of the island on motor bike and found some beautiful quiet beaches and some amazing resorts so you can easily enjoy the beauty of the island as well as the partying.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ring of fire madnessRing of fire madness
Ring of fire madness

so many drunks got tangled up in this it was hilarious! Obviously my dive through it was text book stuff


Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb