Day 67: Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
June 10th 2018
Published: June 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We timed our visit to Koh Phangan to make the famous Haad Rin beach full moon party. We stayed at Blue Lotus bungalows along a remote beach, 10 minutes north of Haad Rin. The party was ram packed with around 20 thousand people, amongst were many sipping on their lethal buckets of mixed spirits. We were tactical and brought our own booze; it’s the best way to keep it cheap and avoid dodgy shots. I still managed to throw up in the sea though. Keeping it classy.
Everyone is bound to have fun at this rave. However my advice would be to go to the half moon or jungle party instead. The full moon party is very overcrowded with speakers solely blasting out EDM, whereas the other parties have a better variety of music and much less people.
Koh Phangan itself is a perfect getaway for a relaxing time having drinks in wooden shacks on the beach. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and entertainment surrounding Haad Rin. I highly recommend Infinity bar, during the day we made use of the pool and enjoy the live DJ’s at no expense.
It’s fair to say we were absolutely worn out after 4 days of partying and drinking, so we headed to Phuket... to continue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb