Bangkok - Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
October 1st 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

the busthe busthe bus

the bus, double decker. cold. but it wasnt bad at all and they played at least two movies on the trip. please note to not put the bag on the floor. always have it with you, hug it if you have to.
We booked the bus from an agent at khao san. the price was 500 baht but we bargained and got it for 350 baht.the price was good but we regret later that we took cheaper bus. the bus has 42 seaters, 16hours trip to get to krabi. it departs at 8pm from khao san, stopped at midnight for about an hour in a place where you can buy food.
they told us that the bus is going straight to krabi town, but they dumped us at 6 in the morning at surathani, made us wait for 3 hours and then transfered us with a small van, to a place that is not krabi town.

Apparently they dropped us down a little bit outside of krabi town where the travel agent is, put on a trick so the tourists will hire a van to go to krabi town or ao nang. they offered 40 baht per person to go to krabi town. and 200 baht per person to ao nang beach. the british guy we met on the trip, mike, stopped a random public transportation and we went with him. it was 10baht per person to go to krabi town. and
cliff stairscliff stairscliff stairs

shouldve been drinking some alcohol
then we took the public transportation from krabi town to ao nang beach for 50 baht per person. the ride was totally fun.

We arrived at Ao Nang Beach and checked in at J. Mansion. its in front of Irish Rover Bar. the place is very nice. clean, with aircon, hot water and great view too. cost 400 Baht per night. I think the cheaper hotels are up next to the hills, and good restaurants too. The place reminds me of Senggigi, a beach at Lombok which is actually a quiet, clean beach to relax and just chilling out.

Soon when we unpacked we realized bad things happened to us. We likely got some of the clothes stolen on the bus. and the weird thing was we also lost our dollars that we put on our handbags. we lost about 400 dollars total and my credit card was stolen too. didnt even realize or understand how my credit card got stolen. its even hard for me to get my wallet out from my handbag. but my credit card was stolen from my complicated wallet and i didnt even know it. this is why we regret that we weren't too picky about the travel agent at khao san. or why did we put our handbags on the floor. but the card wasnt used that much and it's already blocked.. we also still have some money left to continue our trip, so we forced for the good mood coming in again and just walk around to enjoy what we have. no time to complain or having bad mood around.

We walked to the left side of the beach, where you can climb the stairs on the cliff to go to the next beach (we found out that we could walk back by the beach after i fought my acrophobia for damn 30 minutes)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb