red light drinking and anti valentines day!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
February 16th 2008
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so we're about to leave ao nang tommorrow but though we'd share some of what we've been up to since our last entry! We've met these awesome canadians called dustin and maria and on their last night we met up for a bit of drinking fun-which was great-canadians sure know how to drink! anyway this ended up in a little wander down ao nang's red light district mainly to get some photos! it is a really seedy place to be and not one that james and i felt particularly comfortable in but it was an oppurtunity to see it and hopefully remain unscathed! so that was a fairly intersting evening as the pics will show! on to our next day which was a full on antivalentines celebration-essentially james was doing everything in his power to help me forget that i was away from home and from sam on valentines day-which worked as well as it could have done! the end result being that we drank quite a bit of beer, played stupid games in the sea and watched the sun set with no romantic connotations whatsoever! definately was a good day but i still could have done a quick teleporting act back for the evening if i'm brutally honest! but hey we had fun and sam got her flowers i sent her so all in all it was pretty good exercise in damage limtation!
Anyway we're heading off as i said and as nice as ao nang has been it will be nice to head to place which is more traveller orientated and has less anti soical germans and swiss who look like you've farted in an elevator if you attempt to strike up a conversation with them- no lie!
until then this is james and jamie signing out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb