Ao Nang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
April 15th 2007
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mild BungalowsMild BungalowsMild Bungalows

Our bungalow
Arrived at Mild Bungalows mid afternoon. The accommodation was nice, but didn't have a pool and is a 5min walk from Nat Nopparat Thara beach so we haven't spent much time at the bungalows. We went for a few drinks in the evening to watch the Everton v Charlton game at the Funky Fish bar... great result for the blues! Just as the match finished there was a torrential downpour so we were stuck in the bar... normally this would be happy days, but we had to get up early next morning to attend a Thai Cooking course at Siam Cooking school. When the rain died down a bit we managed to get a tuk tuk to our hotel. The tuk tuks are great here... they only charge 20 baht each (33p) and they will take you almost anywhere in Ao Nang and they're everywhere. So much better than the tuk tuks in Bangkok.

The Thai cooking course was superb. We met up with a girl from Vietnam and we were the only 3 taking the course that day so we could pick and choose the meals we wanted to cook. The food was amazing and we got to eat it all after we'd cooked each dish. Sara was very proud of her spring rolls. In the afternoon we went to Ao Nang beach for a few hours and got a Thai massage and foot massage. This was very relaxing, but also painful.

The next day we took a long tail boat to Phranang Cave beach, which was probably the best beach we've ever set foot on... so far. It's not accessible by foot so you have to get a boat there, but it's well worth the extra effort. Hopefully, the photos will give you an idea of how beautiful the beach was. We walked to East Railay beach, then onto West Railay beach. There were rock climbers on East Railay beach, but not much else. West Railay beach had a few bars/restaurants on the beach.

We got a longtail boat back to Ao Nang beach and just sat on the beach for a couple of hours and watched the sun set. Then to the food stalls for some dinner.

Today was our last full day here on Ao Nang and lastnight we booked to go on the "James Bond Tour" which took us to the Monkey Caves/Temple, the Island where "James Bond, The Man with the Golden Gun" was filmed followed by Sea Canoeing and Lunch on the floating village of Ko Panyi. Quite a good day but it was quite a drive to get there and back.

This is our last night here so we are off to get something to eat, maybe a drink or 2 and get organised for another early start tomorrow when we are off to Ko Phi Phi.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Phranang Cave Beach 4Phranang Cave Beach 4
Phranang Cave Beach 4

Colin doing is James Bond impression
Phranang Cave Beach 5Phranang Cave Beach 5
Phranang Cave Beach 5

The closest thing to a shop that you will find on Phranang Cave Beach
West Railay 1West Railay 1
West Railay 1

Waiting for our Long Tail Boat Driver on West Railay
Sunset 1Sunset 1
Sunset 1

Sunset on Ao Nang Beach
Monkey Caves 1Monkey Caves 1
Monkey Caves 1

Sara gets held up by a Monkey with a banana...


19th April 2007

The Wee Shop
Hello from Cushendun...Sara your dad says he wishes we lived on Phranang Cave Beach if thats the only shop.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb