Sun Sea and Sand!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
February 5th 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have been here for five days now so we are getting brown!! We are staying in a lovely bungalow by the mountains, a ten min ride to the beach (we get a free ride whenever we want to go). It is beautiful, the sea is clear blue and the sand is soft and white.The first day we went Sea Kayaking! it was great we went around the mangroves where there used to be crocodiles but they were hunted to extinction. We stopped and fed the monkeys who swam over and jumped onto our boat!! One monkey cheekily nicked a re-chargable battery from our bag and tried to eat it i told him off and he threw it into the water!
The next day we went to sunbathe in the morning, it was so hot that we sunbathed plastered in lotion for ten mins then
a swim to cool us down!! We did this all morning!!
Then we went on a Thai cooking course!!! We were the only ones there even though it is usually busy! It was so much fun!! We had to "bang bang", "chop chop" !!! We used massive knifes to cut the ingredients after hitting them with a rolling pin! We made Curry, Rich made red i made green (with coconut), Then i made Sweet and sour!! rich made pad thai noodles,then i fried morning glory vegetables and rich made egg fried rice!! We also made green papaya salad and a type of soup each. We learnt alot but it was so quick!! After we savoured our dishes, amazingly they all tasted as they should they were delicious!! We got certificates and a recipie book to help us to remember!!
We were really full so headed into town to try the cocktails and rich had beer.
The next day we went on a speedboat trip around the different islands of Phi Phi etc. They were all beautiful the water was so clear and there were fish by our boat of many colours!! We snorkelled at different points. We also went to Phi Phi Island which is starting to get back to normal since the Tsunami. We visited the island where the film 'The beach' was made and we also saw an asian film crew!!!
Today we just got baked by the sun on the beach and went snorkelling for a bit. Tonight we are having a Thai buffet special as it is so much more expensive to eat here than anywhere we have been!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb