Um Phang - Jungle Trek Day 1 of 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Um Phang
November 14th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On our first day of our adventure, we got up early after a rough night's (of hardly any) sleep on, what it seemed, a wooden mattress. After a good breakfast, we headed down to the river and boarded our raft. The river was rather quiet so we were able to take some pictures along the way. The best part of the river trip was the beginning, where we passed some beautiful cliffs with waterfalls like huge showers. Some had rainbows through them! Too bad I didn't take any pictures of those. The second part was also beautiful, but a bit more of the same and without the waterfalls.

Along the way we stopped for lunch and after about 4 hours in the raft, we came back ashore and had to put our own legs to good use. We had a 3 our trek through the jungle with steep paths and many bamboo trees. We didn't see a lot of animals, except for an occasional big spider and this small iguana-like animal (See picture).

After three hours, we arrived at a camp site. A lot of Thais were spending a weekend night there. The camp site was close to the biggest waterfall in Thailand. We were going there the next morning. After a very good dinner, Bart, Trevor and I got to know each other a bit better with a couple of candles, until the complete camp site went dark at 21h. Time to sleep...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 25; qc: 106; dbt: 0.2435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb