Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
September 27th 2015
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Karen HilltribeThe Karen HilltribeThe Karen Hilltribe

Farmers in the wheat harvest time
Geo: 18.8, 98.98

Packed and were picked up at 10.15am for our flight to Chaing Mai, peak hour is all the time here but we had a good run, taking 20 minutes and our flight was at 1.10pm. The Airport here is three to four times the size of Melbourne just huge. In the airport and walking through the boarding area with half an hour to go I finally saw Swatches which have no metal and I can wear, so bought one for 3400 baht, $132.55 really nice. Mick waiting said we have 10 minutes to board so left and nearly missed the plane the boarding area was far in the distance, we only just made the plane. We booked in to the Dusit Princess Chiang Mai in the heart of the city which is in Norhern Thailand.

That night we were picked up for a Khantoke Dinner the customary Northern Thai style of eating with food being served in large platters at low tables while you sit on mats on the floor, but they made an exception for us because we told them we would not be able to get back up again. We sat at a table and two other
Northern Cultural PerformersNorthern Cultural PerformersNorthern Cultural Performers

The girls are so fine and graceful just beautiful to watch.
woman were seated at the table from Camperdown who travel together when the husbands don't want to go. First time in Thialand and have enjoyed every bit of their journey, it was good to talk to them about their experience and we had a good night together. The meal was wonderful and we were entertained by a selection of northern cultural performances. When this was finished we then moved to another area in the village where a hill tribe show was performed by various members of Yao, Lahu, Meo, Lisu and Karen Hilltribes a really great introduction to the Culture of Northern Thialand. We were then picked up and returned to our Hotel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bamboo DancersBamboo Dancers
Bamboo Dancers

Watching these girls move between the Bamboo sticks which where being clacked together all I could think of was my ankles if they missed a beat and was caught when the bamboo poles clacked together. They were good to watch.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb