New year in chiang mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 31st 2015
Published: January 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

New Year's Eve didn't start too well with me getting a horrendous stomach bug but managed to get the flight to chiang mai, we are staying in the chiang mai night bazaar boutique hotel. Such a good location right on the markets-the hotel itself is pretty nice-old fashioned Thai hotel with staff willingly taking our luggage to our room-Ryan tipped the guy 40p-he seemed delighted!lol New Year's Eve celebrations were amazing, the sky was filled with lanterns (we lit off 2 of them) and fireworks at 12am were unbelievable. I have never witnessed a firework display quite like it, every part of the sky was covered with fireworks and lanterns at one point! The atmosphere was great too-there doesn't seem to be a rule about drinking in public so everyone had their 40p Chang beer (apart from me,1st sober new year in a long time)! Such a great start to the new year, I also managed to get myself a bargain pair of fake ray bans which I will now be wearing everywhere until they break!happy new year everyone!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb