sat day 8


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 25th 2015
Published: January 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up with a terrible hangover! so had a bit of a later start to the day 1xblack Russian and 3xpina coladas later - what a light weight oh dear!! So after packing bags and a hearty breakfast felt much better and walked to another temple ( this one was recommended by Adam and Sarah - the aussies ) this one was very gold and ornate similar to the others but had the ruins of an older temple - which had been bomb damaged behind it, which was interesting to see. The old town of Chiang Mai is lovely, we walked around looking for gifts for Michelles family and while doing so i had a 15 min fish foot cleanse and Michelle had a full body massage. We had an early dinner and caught a taxi to the train station, time had completely run away with us and we only just caught the train in time!! A 15 carriage diesel sleeper train left Chiang Mai for Bangkok at 17.30 - arrival time 08.30 - 15 hrs!! the train was pretty full but still felt like there was plenty of room for everyone and their bags. Each carriage had 16 seats with one facing the other and one aisle down the center, a big window with each set of seats that you could completely lean out of, big fans and a restaurant! As darkness fell a very efficient conductor made his way through the carriages pulling down the top bunks and making the beds - it was still only about 19.30 though - a bit too early for bed! removable curtains went across each bunk so they were private. The beds were pretty narrow, but had enough room to be able to stretch out on - if you're 5ft 7 tall! We were initially apprehensive about the tickets we had - 2nd class with no air conditioning, but with huge windows and fans on the ceiling they were absolutely fine. Everyone was very quiet on the train, so we climbed up onto our bunks and must have nodded off as woke up at...................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb